Another Southampton Hotel question

Tina.w12

Thanks everyone I have booked Southampton Eastleigh travelodge, reviews are good, 9 miles from the port, plenty of parking and a harvester next door for breakfast. We will be having evening meal at a services on the way down

Hope you had a great cruise. I have read all the postings you received and see you decided on Holiday Inn at Eastleigh. How did you find staying there?

We have a cruise booked for 18th Sept 17 nights , but no dockside parking included. That weekend, is the S/ton boat show, and I'm struggling to find somewhere with stay and park near the port. Today have been quoted £258 at H. I. Eastleigh with taxi to port. Wondering whether to bite the bullet ( price wise) or stay out of the area overnight and pay for CPS parking, though concerned that the car will be kept off site somewhere. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi dont worry about CPS parking - your car will stay on site in a car park - we have used them a few times and every time has been a smooth transaction. We have never stayed in Southampton town centre before a cruise but we are doing in May. We always stay a few miles away at either the Travel Lodge or Premier Inn and it works well for us - we load our cases into the car in the morning, drive to the Docks, drop the luggage and car off and then check in - its always been a very smooth process. :-)

Hope you had a great cruise. I have read all the postings you received and see you decided on Holiday Inn at Eastleigh. How did you find staying there?

QUOTE]

Sorry can't help its March 2017 we go on this cruise

Hi all. We stayed at the Grand Harbour last year pre-cruise and have booked again for this year as the car is parked securely onsite for the duration and the arranged taxi to and from the quay was so easy. Staff there are excellent with concierge arrangements. Hotel is clean and comfy, food ok and only a short walk into town too. So suits us just fine. Not quite the cheapest of course but with our select OBC v free Port parking meant we were quids in overall.

QUOTE]

QUOTE]

Oh, didn't realise thought it was this year. Thanks for replying though. We go in September, so maybe can let you know how our experience has been.

Hi all. We stayed at the Grand Harbour last year pre-cruise and have booked again for this year as the car is parked securely onsite for the duration and the arranged taxi to and from the quay was so easy. Staff there are excellent with concierge arrangements. Hotel is clean and comfy, food ok and only a short walk into town too. So suits us just fine. Not quite the cheapest of course but with our select OBC v free Port parking meant we were quids in overall.

Thank you for your reply. Have just phoned Grand Harbour and they are not taking bookings that weekend because of the Boat Show. Neither are The Mercure or Holiday Inn. We have a quote from the H.I. at Eastleigh with parking so may go for that. CPS quoted £170 for 17 nights. If we ever cruise from S/ton again, will make sure it includes free parking!!

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Eastleigh and were very happy....we left the car there for the duration and were provided with taxi to the terminal and to meet us on our return......we actually preferred it to Herbert Walker avenue Holiday Inn apart from the fact you couldn't watch the ships!!

We have also used parking4cruises rather than CPS who are excellent and much cheaper . :)

Sorry, its a Holiday Inn Express just outside Winchester. Convenient for the motorway network and mooching around Winchester in the morning which is a lovely city. The cathedral was fascinating and lots of shops for last minute items.Last time we went down we were a bit early getting across to Southampton and parked up the car for a while. A couple of guys on mope heads came past and tried to grab things out of the car window that we had left open for air. Yes I know it can happen anywhere but it wasn't a good start for the holiday.

Thank you all for your advise and help. We have booked the Holiday Inn at Eastleigh. We have parking at transfers to the port. CPS quoted £180 and we would have needed an overnight stay somewhere as travelling down from Northumberland. Perhaps another time we'll make sure we have free parking.

Sorry its the Holiday Inn Express just outside Winchester. Its ideal for a wander around Winchester the morning of the cruise which is a lovely place. The Inn is really quiet and you should get a good nights sleep and the food is fab. We always go down the day before from Lancs as you can get caught out with the traffic.

We can recommend the Boathouse at Hythe; free parking in their car park for overnight stay; choose your room carefully and you get a view of Southampton Water. We've stayed there many times, and it's our first choice - the views really are worth the extra drive.