Specialty Restaurants noted as *prices from

zebra36

It has been a while since I last cruised with RCI and thinking about booking a few nights at the specialty restaurants aboard the Grandeur. I have been under the impression that these dining options were at a fixed price per person with the only add on for alcohol. Has the pricing changed to depend on your dinner selections?

It has been a while since I last cruised with RCI and thinking about booking a few nights at the specialty restaurants aboard the Grandeur. I have been under the impression that these dining options were at a fixed price per person with the only add on for alcohol. Has the pricing changed to depend on your dinner selections?

Some venues, Chops for instance, have a basic cover and extra costs depending on what you order. Also, some ships might charge different prices. I've read of Chops being $30, $35, and $39 depending on the ship.

I am not sure where you are seeing the phrase 'prices from'.

The latest Cruise Compass that was posted for Grandeur shows Giovanni's Table being open for dinner at $20 and Chops Grill for $30. They had a 20% first night discount.

Izumi is now a la carte and priced accordingly and is open every evening and for lunch on sea days.

A $10 fee for a second main course has been applied for quite some time for the request. Otherwise, the meals are inclusive except for premium choices at Chops.

My guess would be its just a generic email and some ships are different. Some have a set price for Sabor and some are a al carte. You also have different prices for lunch vs dinner or if you go to Chops you can add the lobster for "x" on top of the cover.

On Vision: Chops was $30 per person, Giovannis was $25, Izumi was ala carte. These were also available in package deals of 3, 4, or 5 dinners at a discounted rate. The Chef's Table was $85 per person. There were also luncheons available at $15 per person held in the specialty restaurants on port days.