Tabyana Beach or Las Sirenas Beach

CLS/KAS

Hello all!

Have been working hard to narrow down what DW and I will be doing at each stop, of our up coming cruise in Jan. have a question I hope someone can answer.

In Roatan, we are trying to decide to just go to Tabyana, for $40...and pay as you go for drinks and food, or go to Las Sirenas for $65...all inclusive

any thoughts from someone who has been there? only downside I see is the Beach, as far as for snorkeling? food? tks:D

Hello all!

Have been working hard to narrow down what DW and I will be doing at each stop, of our up coming cruise in Jan. have a question I hope someone can answer.

In Roatan, we are trying to decide to just go to Tabyana, for $40...and pay as you go for drinks and food, or go to Las Sirenas for $65...all inclusive

any thoughts from someone who has been there? only downside I see is the Beach, as far as for snorkeling? food? tks:D

Is Las Sirenas the condo accommodation under the Mayan Princess umbrella? Day trip passes huh? That seems odd. No one raves about the food at Mayan which no doubt will be the same as Las Sirenas.

If Las Sirenas is part of Mayan both it and Tabyana are on West Bay beach.. they are a short walking distance apart. If snorkeling is the goal Tabyana is the answer, the easy access reef snorkeling is, honest to goodness. steps from your lounger. There are plenty of food choices on West Bay so no need to stick with Tabyana offers.

I was at tabyana this past week and was disappointed . It was overcrowded and there was no coral that wasn't dead. Save your money unless you like people trying to sell you stuff you don't need and water that was too crowded to get in. Just my opinion

I was at tabyana this past week and was disappointed . It was overcrowded and there was no coral that wasn't dead. Save your money unless you like people trying to sell you stuff you don't need and water that was too crowded to get in. Just my opinion

Thank you.. in the back of my head, I wondered if this beach was being over "sold"..everything you read says this is the best place for snorkeling/live reef life...maybe to many years of tourists in one spot? ok, so if I still want to go to the west end, but want to avoid the crowds.. sounds like it would be Las Sirenas. at least its all inclusive...if this is the case.. option "B" would be French Key or Maya Key... :)

I think the cost of Little French Key is more than Las Sirenas. If it's a ship excursion you're looking at then it's probably to Big French Key.

Maya Key's "beach" isn't what you'd expect. Again a ship excursion, some snorkeling and of course the animals.

Look into Turquoise Bay or Parrot Tree if you want a quieter beach with decent sand and snorkeling but in different location than West Bay. There's another place on the north side as well, name escapes me . Sometimes Anthony's Key (owner of Maya Key) in Sandy Bay has day passes fro cruisers. You can google or TA any of these for more information and contact.

Thank you.. in the back of my head, I wondered if this beach was being over "sold"..everything you read says this is the best place for snorkeling/live reef life...maybe to many years of tourists in one spot? ok, so if I still want to go to the west end, but want to avoid the crowds.. sounds like it would be Las Sirenas. at least its all inclusive...if this is the case.. option "B" would be French Key or Maya Key... :)

Las Sirenas is on the SAME beach as Tabyana, while the day excursion at Tabyana may be slightly more crowded..you are still dealing with the premiere beach on the island. That and if you want to reef snorkeling you will have to walk down to Tabyana. Have a look at this thread and video about snorkeling West Bay, while it is true there is very little to see close in,,if you get father out it is full of life.

If snorkeling is the goal neither Parrot Tree or Turquoise Bay will suit, Parrot Tree is a man made lagoon and Turquoise Bay the reef is to far out.. though you could hire a boat to take you out. The snorkeling at reef Little French Key is also an add on with a boat.

Pretty much everyone having a visit to the island has to choose between quiet and good snorkeling or hiring a boat. On more than one occasion I have split my holiday between the quiet of Sandy Bay or Camp bay and then stayed in West Bay.

The snorkeling in West End's Half Moon bay is bot bad, the crowds maybe less than West Bay, though you will have to deal with "town" and all it offers.

If quiet is more important have a look at Paya Bay, it is owned by a local family that has been on the island over 200 years.