Pet Peeve, King Bed Request

brendrek

I'm annoyed by the fact that our king bed request has never been correctly honored on 4 cruises together. Of course, when I chase down the room steward he fixes it. Although twice we got the 'Are you sure?' type of response which was stupid. Yes we are gay. I'm wondering if it was correct for the rest of you, or is this some kind of judgment call they are making? Are they afraid of offending two straight buddies bunking together who might have accidentally selected the wrong bed setup? Like that happens...LOL

I have had the opposite happen. They put the bed together and the friend I was cruising with and I were just friends ( I am married to her brother). I asked the steward to please set it up as two beds and he thought we had had an argument and broken up:-). I was like "no- I am her brother's wife" and they all thought my sister in law had broken up with her girlfriend (me).

I'm straight and have always had my requested bed selection. I'd like to think that Carnival isn't doing it on purpose but who knows. I've been on 5 cruises.

I think it's really rude that they would ask if you were sure or not.

Ditto! My step-mom has cruised with her gay friend many times (both in their 70's) because my dad won't go. They always click to have their beds set up as twins, and every single time, it is set up as a king. Curious.

I suppose it isn't really the cabin steward's fault if the information from your booking profile is not available to them. However, why does Carnival ask us to provide it if they aren't going to make it available on the passenger manifest that their room stewards receive? It shouldn't be left up to judgement. Don't ask for it if they can't make it available to the people that need it most, the room steward.

In the end, it would be faster if they just got it right from the beginning. Sure they can perhaps turn rooms over faster if they don't have to worry about bed arrangements, but doing something twice instead of once is still inefficient. They also always have cards in the bathroom about saving the environment :rolleyes:, or otherwise save them money, by reusing our towels. However, all those sheets that they have to pull to change the beds that were wrong have to be re-laundered...