Indepedence of the Seas Review 11/21/15

Hi everyone!

I feel like I'm a little late with this. But I'm still trying to work my post vacation blues. And I wanted to post a short review on our wonderful trip! I read so many negative things about the ship I was a little nervous. And even though I tend to always find the good in my vacations, I really do think the ship, the crew, the activities....everything was amazing!

I've never been on this class ship before. And I thought it was huge. And beautiful! I'm sure I embarrassed my boyfriend and his son with my enthusiasm! We had a Junior Suite on Deck 10. I think I've now officially been ruined for any other kind of room. It was great. Big. The balcony was awesome. I spent a lot of time enjoying the peace and quiet of our balcony. I had read of noise coming from the pool area, but I never heard anything.

We didn't do many shows so I can't comment on that. We did participate in a few trivia challenges which were a lot of fun. And we played ping pong, mini-golf, went ice skating. My boyfriend and his son played basketball a bunch of times and tried the rock climbing wall and the Flowrider. I have a couple great videos which I've been forbidden to ever show anyone! I thought everything was well organized and a lot of fun.

We did both Chops and Giovanni's Table. Both were delicious! But if we could only choose one, I think we would do Giovanni's Table. The food was great and the service wonderful. I loved hearing our Russian and Indian waiters singing Happy Birthday to my boyfriend in Italian. And they were really good! :)

We ate at Windjammer the other nights. The food was good. A couple nights it was really crowded. But a little patience and maneuvering around the people and all was good.

All the crew I met was great! Everyone was friendly and helpful. No complaints there! I found even the bar staff at the pool areas to be very nice.

In Belize we did Altun Ha and went to the Zoo. Both were amazing. Definitely bring bug spray! I was wearing it and still gotten eaten alive. A nice souvenir I guess! In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocum. Did jet skis, paddle boarding and the banana boat. Lots of fun. The food was great.

This is my 16th cruise....I've cruised with Disney, Princess and Royal Caribbean. The last couple years have been with Princess. My boyfriend and his son have only been on Princess. I think they both felt they liked the Independence of the Seas better as a ship...more things to do! They liked the food on Princess better. Not that the food on Royal Caribbean is bad at all! They just liked the variety on Princess a little better.

But we will continue to cruise both lines! A day at sea is better than a day anywhere else! Happy cruising!

Thank you so much for your review!

I'll be sailing on Indy THIS MONTH, December 28 over NYE, can't wait!

We have three aft cabins booked on Deck 7 and one PR cabin. My family has no idea

how huge the balconies are back there, although we have sailed in afts before just not on Freedom class.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I'm trying to read everything :)