Sojurn 12/6 - sailing delayed.

scm

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Seabourn Sojourn for our sailing departing December 6. At this time we do need to advise you of a change to our itinerary.

Due to unscheduled maintenance we will extend our call to Singapore to include an overnight stay, and will set sail once the work is finished. We expect to complete the maintenance within 36 hours and to depart Singapore at approximately 8:00 pm on Monday, December 7. We apologize for this itinerary revision and greatly appreciate your understanding.

In order to enhance your additional time in Singapore we’re happy to provide a very special onboard event on the evening of December 6 to celebrate the culture and artistry of Singapore. Our onboard team will have more information for you once you embark.

We’d also like to offer you a complimentary shore excursion in Singapore on December 7; our Destinations team is finalizing some unique and exciting excursion options to choose from once you are aboard. Please visit Seabourn Square upon embarkation to select your preferred tour.

In addition, we’ll also provide complimentary round-trip shuttle service into the city throughout the day, to allow you an opportunity to enjoy some shopping and sightseeing. Again, times and destinations will be provided on board.

As a result of our extended time in Singapore we have also cancelled our port call to Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia. Any shore excursions you booked through Seabourn for Georgetown will be refunded to you, and any applicable revision to the taxes, fees and port expenses for this voyage will be posted to your onboard account. Our revised itinerary is as follows:

Offer is $150/pax shipboard credit as compensation.

We are enroute to Singapore to pick up this cruise. Got the news last night had to cancel private arrangements in Georgetown at very short notice. Had promised DW to not look at any emails while on holiday - just as well I had a sly peak.....

Contacted TA to ask if they could find out what the problem is. They just got the usual stonewalling response from SB that it is essential maintenance.

Didn't want to spend two days bobbing up and down in Singapore Cruise Centre harbour, but SB seem to be trying their best to make amends, so shouldn't be too ungracious about it. Expect crew will be overcompensating like mad, so the atmosphere will no doubt be a little tense until we set sail. I wonder how many different versions of what the problem was we will get from various crew members. Whatever it is, must be quite serious for 36 hours emergency 'maintenance'.

Will let you all know...

Compared to some of the other cruise lines SB certainly seem to be puling out all the stops to say sorry.

I think they are using the 6th December cruise as a shake down for the main event which starts on 20th December. I have heard that for the last 2 days they are going to be handing out dusters and polish, paint brushes, varnish, carpet cleaning equipment and so on to all the guest so they can make the ship shine for boarding patrons 20th Dec.

Bar service is also being stopped for the second week of the cruise to ensure plentiful supplies over the holiday period :)

Hopefully nothing serious.

Henry :)

Compared to some of the other cruise lines SB certainly seem to be puling out all the stops to say sorry.

I think they are using the 6th December cruise as a shake down for the main event which starts on 20th December. I have heard that for the last 2 days they are going to be handing out dusters and polish, paint brushes, varnish, carpet cleaning equipment and so on to all the guest so they can make the ship shine for boarding patrons 20th Dec.

Bar service is also being stopped for the second week of the cruise to ensure plentiful supplies over the holiday period :)

Hopefully nothing serious.

Henry :)

Agree with your first paragraph.

As for the rest, Henry you're a little monkey! ;):D

Actually, the main event will be starting in Saigon on the 20th, which is where we are going to be. I gather Sojourn will be limping in to dock on the 27th, when it is all over, just as we are leaving.:D

Love it!

That's you told, Henry.

We are onboard right now and staying on for the next cruise. We were told that there is a minor problem with the steering system and that Seabourn decided to address it now rather than later.

Thank you for the information.

Yes, thanks, Kimiata, for the info. How has your cruise been, by the way? Any stand-out crew?

We have just arrived in Singapore, warm and steamy here, it's around midnight 28 degrees, settling in to our hotel room. At least we don't have to worry about not getting to the ship before sail away...

Flamin June - here's hoping you have a wonderful cruise - feel sure you will. We were on Sojourn not too long ago, and all was great.

I think your CD will be David E; he was arriving soon after we left.

Send reports if and when you have time, so those here in cold windy UK can enjoy it vicariously.