Anyone ever stay in a cabin under the gym?

amscene1

I saw a video by a cruiser in a mini-suite under the gym. Tons of noise; he even used two cameras to record the noise in his cabin while someone in the gym dropped free weights onto the gym floor. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

That's exactly what I was referring to.

The complaints in the past were about the older ships, but since the OP is asking about spa balconies, they must be looking at Escape or BA/GA. (On the Epic, all spa staterooms are on the same deck as the fitness center.)

OP, people here can tell you what machines are right above the spa balconies on those three ships. They tend to put the cardio workout area along the windows in the fitness center, and if that's the case there shouldn't be noise problems from crashing weights.

In a spa balcony under the gym, I assume there's no noise at night, but did you hear loud noises during the day?

On a recent cruise, we originally had a cabin under the gym and after reading several reviews about the noise, moved to the other side of the ship. But, we made sure not to book under the outside eating area above. Comments mentioned moving the chairs across the floors at all hours of the day and night.

Cole

We were under treadmills and yes staff used them at night after the gym was closed: doink, doink, doink, doink, doink, doink, doink, doink, doink, doink,
Oh no, that sounds bad. Which ship was that? And how late did the noise continue? I think after midnight or before 7am would be really unreasonable.

On the BA, some (at least definitely room 15) of the treatment rooms are directly beneath the weight room. The room shook with every BANG of the weights being dropped on the floor above during my 'relaxing' :rolleyes: massage. It was awful.

Personally, I'd stay away from anywhere under the fitness center. Have a great cruise! :)

Oh no, that sounds bad. Which ship was that? And how late did the noise continue? I think after midnight or before 7am would be really unreasonable.

I don't remember for sure but it actually happened twice to us. You would think we would learn. I think one was the Carnival miracle or Splendor (it was from NY) and I think the second time was the Breakaway because we were upgraded to a spa balcony the week before the cruise. I knew it might be a problem but we love the spa. And yes it was after midnight and we reported it to guest services and they explained that it was the only time some staff could use the gym.

Edited by mamagina

I booked a Guarantee Interior on Carnival.

We were assigned our cabin. It was on a high deck. So I said to myself, at least we're not far from the Lido.:)

Boy, I remember hearing the first barbell drop. I said, oh no, don't tell me we under the gym.:rolleyes:

You would think after all my cruises, I would have looked at the deck plan. Nope!

Noise from the ceiling above day and night. My afternoon naps were shot. It was terrible and couldn't fault anyone.:mad:

I would never book any cabin underneath the gym. I wouldn't care if the ship was old or new.

Whatever you decide enjoy.

I booked a Guarantee Interior on Carnival.

We were assigned our cabin. It was on a high deck. So I said to myself, at least we're not far from the Lido.:)

Boy, I remember hearing the first barbell drop. I said, oh no, don't tell me we under the gym.:rolleyes:

You would think after all my cruises, I would have looked at the deck plan. Nope!

Noise from the ceiling above day and night. My afternoon naps were shot. It was terrible and couldn't fault anyone.:mad:

I would never book any cabin underneath the gym. I wouldn't care if the ship was old or new.

Whatever you decide enjoy.

Same here on the Spirit. We left the cruise absolutely exhausted. Lesson learnt.