Do you think sister company Celebrity has better marketing these days?

roquejo

Both are closely knit sister companies, sharing reciprocal loyalty program benefits, and same familiar executives rotating back and forth.

Since become D with RCCL, I began monitoring X's sailings as well due to reciprocal benefit, and lately I observed that it is more exciting to monitor X's promo and price movement than RCCL.

RCCL prices rarely moves and it has always been gradually going up pattern, and the BOGOHO, 30% recurring promo which is only valid in the US and Canada and excludes those outside. It has become stale with things so stable that I got bored monitoring the prices and promos.

In contrast since I started monitoring Celebrity last month, I can't stop looking at the prices everyday due to frequent movements and promo variations... one is they have so many limited time promos that keep's one in their toes, first they have offered free upgrades fleetwide for a short time, then shifted to Caribbean only, then they offered $25 deposit for a few days, then they started offer go Big on ocean view up to Aqua all sailings Go Best for Suites, then went to Go Better for selected regions, then free extra OBC for a limited time... the promos changes frequently so every week I looked at it, you get different sets and combinations of promos.. plus the more frequent price movements (mostly up) this made it very exciting. And they go as far as prices between categories are not far from each other, equalling at times (e.g. Ocean view same price as Balcony).. while for RCCL, prices between Oceanview to Balcony is so far apart.

Anyone has the same observation?

Might be one of the best marketing executives of RCCL has rotated to Celebrity?

Edited by roquejo

??? Constant change would irritate me

Thought you were going to say something about targeted emails or advertising

No, more on promos opened to public. Celebrity's marketing strategies changed a lot when they started offering the Go Big Go Better and Go Best promo, they now taking a different marketing approach than RCCL.

Perhaps because X is currently being managed by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, who is a sales and marketing person, who used to handle RCCL's marketing...

RCCL has always been that endless BOGOHO promo, wish they will offer free stateroom upgrades for a change. Been a long time since they have done that.

Edited by roquejo

I like the more inclusive package marketing that Celebrity (and NCL for that matter) have moved to. While there's no such thing as a free lunch as the cliche goes, I've been booking cruises long enough to know / calculate that the included beverage packages (in particular) are usually an excellent deal for us. I hope RCI starts offering more inclusions in the U.S.

Edited by Dave85