Hotel de la Ville, Civitavecchia

Baseball fan

Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has stayed at this hotel and their opinion. There aren't too many recent reviews. I checked around and this one had pretty good reviews, and reservations are refundable. I am looking at one night in the fall 2016.

Thank you

Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has stayed at this hotel and their opinion. There aren't too many recent reviews. I checked around and this one had pretty good reviews, and reservations are refundable. I am looking at one night in the fall 2016.

Thank you

We have stayed at the Hotel De La Ville in Civitavecchia twice in the last 2 years and have it booked again for next fall. It is on the main street, on a broad walking boardwalk facing the ocean with lots of restaurants & shopping nearby. We've always stayed on the 2nd floor that has a balcony where you can stand & see the water (but high balcony walls & no furniture!). Breakfast is quite good - warm eggs, etc and fresh coffees. The hotel is just a few doors down from the train station and you can also get a bus to the port from there. Have to go into the train station to get your free ticket and then queue up for the bus. Used to be able to walk to the port & get a bus inside, but now need to get transport outside to get into the port.

Thank you for the information. Seems like I made a good choice...

2 questions....do you remember an ATM nearby? If not, I can stop in the airport. My cruise leaves on a Sunday. Will I find much to do in the morning before boarding the ship?

Thanks again

Dena

Look on the back of your ATM card to determine which network your bank uses, then use their on line locator.

For example, here's the list of ATMs in Civitavecchia on the Visa/Plus network: http://www.visa.com/atmlocator/index.jsp#%28page:results,params:%28query:%27civitavecchia,%20italy%27%29%29

According to this list the closest would be BANCA DELLE MARCHE, Viale Garibaldi 30

Edited by euro cruiser