Poesia out of Martinique

seannyice81

Good morning!

I booked the 3/11/17 cruise for the amazing itinerary. Guadeloupe, Tortola, Antigua all ports I haven't seen yet and to have them in one cruise will be awesome. It will be busy with all 8 days being a port day.

This will be my first on MSC and I'm looking into things a little. Those of you who are more seasoned, I have a few questions.

-What tends to be one/some of the more popular areas on this class ship?

-There is a big screen on deck, but I read they don't play movies on it. This correct?

-Do they offer ship tours?

-To those who have sailed on cruises with the homeport being Martinique, how are the other guests? Is it mostly French or a good mix? Basically, should I expect things to be more in French? If so, no biggie!

Thanks in advance!

Good morning!

I booked the 3/11/17 cruise for the amazing itinerary. Guadeloupe, Tortola, Antigua all ports I haven't seen yet and to have them in one cruise will be awesome. It will be busy with all 8 days being a port day.

This will be my first on MSC and I'm looking into things a little. Those of you who are more seasoned, I have a few questions.

-What tends to be one/some of the more popular areas on this class ship?

-There is a big screen on deck, but I read they don't play movies on it. This correct?

-Do they offer ship tours?

-To those who have sailed on cruises with the homeport being Martinique, how are the other guests? Is it mostly French or a good mix? Basically, should I expect things to be more in French? If so, no biggie!

Thanks in advance!

MSC Poesia has some great lounges and a very large theatre. The pool decks always seem to be very busy. The big screen usually shows adverts unless there is a major sports event taking place that they will show on the screen. It doesn't show movies as MSC have not worked out how to cater for the number of different languages spoken by passengers

Guadaloupe ... Be prepared that around 98% only speak French! Interesting place but the immediate area around where the ship docks was run down somewhat, hopefully it may have been improved since our visit.

The Black and White lounge was our favourite on Poesia, the theatre we also thought was way better than on Divina.

For sunbathing area not too crowded go to the deck at the back of the ship outside of the Disco, you might have to carry up a lounger from the floor below though.

MSC Poesia has some great lounges and a very large theatre. The pool decks always seem to be very busy. The big screen usually shows adverts unless there is a major sports event taking place that they will show on the screen. It doesn't show movies as MSC have not worked out how to cater for the number of different languages spoken by passengers

Guadaloupe ... Be prepared that around 98% only speak French! Interesting place but the immediate area around where the ship docks was run down somewhat, hopefully it may have been improved since our visit.

The Black and White lounge was our favourite on Poesia, the theatre we also thought was way better than on Divina.

For sunbathing area not too crowded go to the deck at the back of the ship outside of the Disco, you might have to carry up a lounger from the floor below though.

Thank you for your insight. I do think that gaining some French will be necessary, as will be bringing Euros.

That is a great tip for being in the sun!:cool: