Credit Card Exchange

I am in the process of filling out my set sail Pass. There is a spot to check off if you want RC to do the Credit Card conversion (back to CDN for me) or let the credit card company do the conversion. Past sailers what is the best deal on converting the money to Canadian on your CC. The CC company to RC?

I am in the process of filling out my set sail Pass. There is a spot to check off if you want RC to do the Credit Card conversion (back to CDN for me) or let the credit card company do the conversion. Past sailers what is the best deal on converting the money to Canadian on your CC. The CC company to RC?

Let the credit card company do the conversion.

Yes, let your credit card do the conversion from USD to $CAD. RCI charges a high conversion fee, 3%, on top of the actual exchange rate which, IMO, is higher than most if not all CC companies. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

There are also a few Credit Cards for Canadians out there that do not charge a foreign currency conversion fee (Usually 2.5%) on top of the exchange rate. Off the top of my head there is the Sears Credit Card, and Amazon.ca Credit Card. Both are issued by Chase Bank.

dp