Just got in from a quick 3 day on the Sensation

Battlewagon

First time sailing from Canaveral. It was a cake walk compared to Jacksonville and a little better than Miami. Look forward to our next cruise from that port.

The first day was a bit rainy but not bad at all. We where doing this on a tight budget an cabin E49 nice aside from some behind the scenes noise. Did not really bother us, I think it might have been the elevators.

Day 2 was overcast but not raining. Nassau was, well Nassau. Left the boat to buy some local Rum and then boarded and Sat outside at the rear of the Lido enjoying the sounds of the brass band playing down below, just past the customs check point, playing Christmas music. Loved the empty boat. Nice and relaxing.

Day 3 started out nice but overcast, the captain sailed N NE instead of heading back past Freeport. We got within sight of Grand Bahama before turning West. Had a pretty fair wind from the East but this track kept it nice for a sea day. The atrium looked great all decked out for Christmas. Had a Christmas show in the Fantasia at 4 and had a Christmas sing along in the atrium WITH SNOW at 9. Good times. Started getting a little rough once we cleared Grand Bahama. He continued West until we where about 15 miles from the FL coast. Once he turned North it got interesting.

IMG_20151205_205019_787_zpsnwtpp1ur.jpg

Many complaints this morning of not being able to eat or losing what they had. I rather enjoyed the weather. Made it interesting.

I've sailed outta Canaveral many times + again this Jan. It has GREAT facilities. Only complaints, the sail-away is a non-event + the weather can be a little iffy in Jan when we normally sail. But, if I'm driving it's a gang closer than Miami.

We are doing the Sensation 3 day in February for a quick winter get-a-way to hold us over till the real cruise in May! :)

We are to, on Feb 11th Next real cruise 11/11 on the Sunshine.

Edited by uncleg

Just got in from cruising the Sensation.... We had an awesome time.... Weather was beautiful the ship was nice and clean, great service, great food... My only complaint is that they need to get better coffee on the buffet area, the coffee at the restaurants was always fresh.... Other wise it eas a fantastic 3 day cruise.... Now waitin to sail on April 20th on the carnival Magic....

First time sailing from Canaveral. It was a cake walk compared to Jacksonville and a little better than Miami. Look forward to our next cruise from that port.

The first day was a bit rainy but not bad at all. We where doing this on a tight budget an cabin E49 nice aside from some behind the scenes noise. Did not really bother us, I think it might have been the elevators.

Day 2 was overcast but not raining. Nassau was, well Nassau. Left the boat to buy some local Rum and then boarded and Sat outside at the rear of the Lido enjoying the sounds of the brass band playing down below, just past the customs check point, playing Christmas music. Loved the empty boat. Nice and relaxing.

Day 3 started out nice but overcast, the captain sailed N NE instead of heading back past Freeport. We got within sight of Grand Bahama before turning West. Had a pretty fair wind from the East but this track kept it nice for a sea day. The atrium looked great all decked out for Christmas. Had a Christmas show in the Fantasia at 4 and had a Christmas sing along in the atrium WITH SNOW at 9. Good times. Started getting a little rough once we cleared Grand Bahama. He continued West until we where about 15 miles from the FL coast. Once he turned North it got interesting.

IMG_20151205_205019_787_zpsnwtpp1ur.jpg

Many complaints this morning of not being able to eat or losing what they had. I rather enjoyed the weather. Made it interesting.

Don't get many reviews on 3 day cruises... We are taking our grandson on the Sensation 3 day cruise in January. Keeping fingers crossed the weather will at least be decent. He is 25 and this is his 1st cruise. Since we are seniors can you offer any advise as to what you think he would enjoy?

• 3 weeks later...