Stingray City - Need Tour Recommendation!

Jake&Amanda

I did a combo land and Stingray City tour with them in 2014 and have booked it again for next January :) Great tour - smaller boats so less people and good pricing. I highly recommend them....

Maybe it's because I'm using my phone but cannot see name of tour company you are referring to. Can you specify please?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Maybe it's because I'm using my phone but cannot see name of tour company you are referring to. Can you specify please?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

I had the name in the title of my post! :) It's Captain Marvin's...great tours and good prices.

I used Action Watersports http://www.ciactionmarine.com/index.html . The tour guide was great, and just riding the jet skis are big fun...

They have a 2 YO with them...doubt they want a jet-ski.

OP, check out Stingray Sailing. They take you out in a catamaran rather than a motor boat.

Family operation, very safety and conservation oriented. They do not manhandle the rays like some operators, and teach you the best way to interact. Highly recommended.

• 5 weeks later...

We are planning to take a family tour of Stingray City, but Grandpa is not as strong as he used to be. When the boats go to the sandbar, how easy is it to climb on and off the boat?

Any advice?

We are planning to take a family tour of Stingray City, but Grandpa is not as strong as he used to be. When the boats go to the sandbar, how easy is it to climb on and off the boat?

Any advice?

Try to book an excursion with Marineland Tours, and ask to be on the boat with the stairs. They've got the most accessible boats I've seen at Stingray City. There's pics on their website - http://www.marinelandtours.com/

Aquarius Sea Tours. Cannot recommend them enough. Captain Mario and his crew are wonderful, knowledgeable, fun guys who really know what they're doing. Our tour had maybe 12 people on it and it was so nice. He picked us up and dropped us off right at the port area. We had snacks and drinks and pizza. Stopped to snorkel, see the sting rays and ate lunch at Rum Point. Rum Point is straight out of post card. Plus Captain Mario takes a ton of pictures of you and your group and e-mails them to you afterwards, for no extra charge. Seriously, it was the best day we have ever spent on an excursion. We felt so so bad for the packed cruise tour boats that were sagging with tons of people on board. It just looked awful, but Mario is great. You won't regret it!