How early do you start packing???

Interesting topic especially since I started packing today for our upcoming cruise on the Mariner in 2 weeks. I start making my lists a couple of months before time to cruise that way, if I need to buy anything, there's time for that and I'm not so rushed. The actual packing starts approximately 2 weeks out.

LOL, I still have stuff I haven't unpacked yet from our January cruise on the Mariner! :D I just shoved the suitcase under the bed...out of site, out of mind. Since I have another cruise in 3 1/2 months, you could say that I'm already semi-packed. ;)

Do you count the things I've put in the closet next to the empty suitcases??? And the dresses I've hung in the guest closet??? I never wait till the last minute to pack for vacation. And a bag of toiletries is always ready.:D

LOL, I still have stuff I haven't unpacked yet from our January cruise on the Mariner! :D I just shoved the suitcase under the bed...out of site, out of mind. Since I have another cruise in 3 1/2 months, you could say that I'm already semi-packed. ;)

I too, still have somethings still unpacked from Mariner in May... Daughter is packing tonight... Problem I have is that most of what I will take is what I wear throughout the week, so I will have to do laundry this coming weekend before I can pack most things.

We too will be on that cruise, leaving to do a day at Disney on Sunday, stay overnite and then head to the port Monday am. We have just about everything we need in the sparebdrm, all ready to go into suitcase on Sat. to prevent too many wrinkles. Will throw in toiletries Sat. there will be some laundry to do on Friday, but for the most part everything is ready. Except for DH, he has been out of the country for 5 weeks, will be home Thursday eve, will unpack 1 suitcase and refill it with all different clothes :) Been checking the weather, so far looks good, high 80's low 90's a mix of sun and clouds..perfect :)

Well, I guess I am half ways packed. While putting summer clothes away for the winter here in PA, I put all the "GOOD" outfits etc. in two suitcases so that in Feb. (far too early to take them out again to wear) I don't have to go thru all the clothes to find the ones that are for cruising!!! All I have to do not is iron everything and pack the last minute essentials. This will help in as much as March will be here before you know it with the holidays and all the decorating and undecorating going on til January!!!

Can't come soon enough!!!!!

Judi

I start gathering things that I don't currently use about a month beforehand, but then the actual packing happens all through the week before we leave. I put things in the suitcase as I do laundry. I love to pack, it gets me very excited!

I always have the toiletries packed. I have DH take the luggage down from the attic 1-2 weeks before we leave. I pack all of the things that I have clean, so I just need to check my list of what I have packed the say or two before we leave and pack it up. I am a list-a-halic. I have many lists for vacation. Sometimes I take the same list with me to make sure I take everything home.

We just talked about it tonight--he will take the stuff down from the attic on Tuesday :D since we leave in less than 2 weeks!!!

Morning of?? Oh My God!!! What if you have to take an early morning flight out? Does he ever forget anything?

thankfully he hasn't forgotten anything....he's the worst procrastinator (sp?) i know and it just bugs the living daylights outta me!!

the last time we went on vacation we had a 5 am flight...lemme just say i was a nervous wreck!!

My darling hubby did not pack until the morning of when we went on Mariner in May! It was a bit frustrating for me, but he refused to pack until last minute.

Which is why I am packing my husband and the boys. I made a list and went over it with them and they all only half listened so I am sure there will be complaints but I forced all of them to sign the packing lists so that outta shut em up! :p

Ahhh, to have a spare bedroom! A luxury we won't have for a few more years. Actually, we don't have any spare space at all in our tiny house, so we never pack until the day before. Not to worry, though, I'm another list maniac, if it's not on the list, it stays home! It's best to keep a list on your computer, that way you can easily add or subtract according to what you did or didn't use on your last trip.

I also keep the toiletry kit packed at all times. A few years ago I found this to take so much longer to organize than anything else, every time we went anywhere. I now have duplicates of everything we need in there, so all we need to add the last morning is shaving kit and current makeup.

Archived