carnival conquest santo domingo

mariamherrera

Me and hubby are getting ready to book a cruise for Nov 26, 2016 and under the port of santo domingo you are unable to click on it to get port info or see excursions that would be offered.. anyone know why that would be? Have they just not released the info yet or will people not be allowed to get off the ship there?

I am too excited for it being added, I love the Dominican Republic! Amber Cove wasn't my favorite, it was too Americanized to have a good time in the port, but once you left the port, it was a beautiful country with great people and food! Porting in the capitol of the country sounds like an amazing experience! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I am too excited for it being added, I love the Dominican Republic! Amber Cove wasn't my favorite, it was too Americanized to have a good time in the port, but once you left the port, it was a beautiful country with great people and food! Porting in the capitol of the country sounds like an amazing experience! :)

Did you do an excursion for Amber Cove? We're kind of not wanting to do what's right there at the port.

thank you all! It turns out it is a brand new port and our cruise is the first stop there! How exciting! i'm glad we get two stops in the D.R! happy cruising every one!

We are on the same cruise. Have you looked at the excursions that are now posted? Trying to decide.

That would be great, didn't know they are stopping there now. We went a couple years ago and had to travel into Santo Domingo from La Romana, would love to just dock there.

What would be good to do in Santo Domingo? Just plain sightseeing? Or I think there's an excursion for a beach. It's pretty limited for excursions showing. Thanks!