home day,what to do?

Our first cruise was in Feb.this year,but we did a cruise and stay on the Celebration staying in Barbados on the second week.

We are going on our second cruise in February next year (2016) but going on a two week cruise.

I imagine we'll have to vacate our cabin relatively early and our flight home is at 6 in the evening.What do you do that day?

We've already booked a tour of the island on the middle Sunday,so wont want to do that.

Is it easy to book a late checkout cabin?When is the best time to do this?

What time do the coaches take you to the airport?:

Thanks in advance.

MARGARET

Our first cruise was in Feb.this year,but we did a cruise and stay on the Celebration staying in Barbados on the second week.

We are going on our second cruise in February next year (2016) but going on a two week cruise.

I imagine we'll have to vacate our cabin relatively early and our flight home is at 6 in the evening.What do you do that day?

We've already booked a tour of the island on the middle Sunday,so wont want to do that.

Is it easy to book a late checkout cabin?When is the best time to do this?

What time do the coaches take you to the airport?:

Thanks in advance.

MARGARET

Hi Margaret usually out of cabin 8am if your flight check in is 2hrs before and it takes say 1hr to get to airport that's 3hrs so say 3pm leaving ship, you can ask for a late cabin to get a freshen up the night before ,you could take a stroll around the area you are in and chill before your flight home ,and you can still use your card onboard until you leave

Edited by Ska man

I am not certain but I think in the Caribbean you have your cabin a bit later, didn't go this year so it may have changed but it should be the same as you experienced this year. You receive a time to leave the ship but they don't check you off or call you. Is it the Celebration you are going on again? We also go in Feb and as Ska man says just have a walk round after a nice long meal on board😀

We like to have a leisurely stroll into Bridgetown on the last day and have a drink on the verandah of the Bridgehouse Hotel which is situated by the pedestrian bridge overlooking the river then wander back for a leisurely lunch before our transfer. By the way you can leave your hand luggage in a secure drop off on board during the day after vacating your cabin so no need to be carrying that around - although you should keep your passports and any valuables with you.

No hand luggage drop off on Celebration this year in September, they told us they no longer did it 😕 could be another cost saver😅

:eek: Not good news! How much could it cost them to deploy 2 crew members for 6 hours????? I suppose they may be persuaded to reinstate it if passengers were prepared to pay! In fact it would go against the grain but I would actually pay for the service (a reasonable amount anyway) if I could be relieved of my hand luggage for the best part of the day.

I guess this wasn't in the Caribbean Pensioncruiser - I wonder if it may still be available there with flights going out late. Perhaps if flights are mid-day to mid-afternoon it may not be worth it as it will only be for a relatively short time. Perhaps someone will be able to confirm for us.

sorry for the delay in replying.I've been away the last two weekends,so now catching up.

I think we might book a late checkout cabin,and just stroll around the area,especially the duty free area.........if we have any money left!!!

Thanks to all for your replies.

MARGARET