Cunard Non-existent Promotion

robcruz

Did anybody else get an e-mail from Cunard today listing some ridiculously cheap fares such as:

QV LA-Sydney 5 Feb. 2016 23 nights Balcony $1999-

QM2 Southampton-Ft. Lauderdale 10 Jan. 2016 10 nights Balcony $599-

There were a total of 11 cruises listed at similarly ridiculous prices. To be booked by Jan.15.

Of course when I called Cunard about 5 hours after receiving the e-mail, the agent said that all these sailings were sold out and she has never heard of this promotion. What gives?

I got that mailing too but it seems like it was about 10 days ago; I didn't follow up at the time. I guess this would qualify as a 'severely capacity constrained offer'. Strange that this same or a similar mailing would arrive in Montreal only now. However, there has been a great deal on princess grill suites on the same Southhampton-FLL voyage; $1999 for 12 days! on a very large online travel booking site. Hope someone here can take advantage of this, seems like a great rate.

I haven't received the email today but did get one about a week or so ago. Of course the fine print read per person based on dbl occupancy and not available to singles, etc. Didn't do me much good.