C1 Aft on Reflection TA?

RealDeal

Have done afts before, but not on a TA. I realize the balcony is pretty much exposed on S class afts, you could get soot, it's a long walk, etc. However, they do tend to be very quiet, which is important to me. I guess my biggest question is whether you really get more "movement" there vs, let's say, a cabin way aft in the hallway, which we usually have, and whether it would get as hot back there as it would on the port side.

Is there any cover at all?

Any advice?

We will be aft on the Equinox TA in April. It will be our 4th spring TA in a row in an aft cabin.

Soot depends on which way the wind blows - sometimes none and sometimes we need to wipe down the chairs.

Movement is negligible.

Breeze on the balcony is much less as you are sheltered. The closer to the middle, the less breeze. There is some noise from the wake but we like that. Little traffic in the hall outside your room.

No shelter. In the spring the mornings are shaded as the sun is rising over the ship. Somewhere around midday the sun shines directly onto the balcony for the rest of the day if there is no cloud cover. The upside is that it is very warm back there even when the ambient temps are in the low 60s. I expect the fall would be the opposite.

The middle balconys are wider than normal. Check out some pics and you can see this. They sell early.

Sail aways are terrific views.

HTH

we always do aft and have done 2 t/a's in aft normally sv but if there is a deal for c1 then we take it but in money terms it would have to be minimal as we have done c1 in the past and I couldnt justify the extra cost [although i did like the foot stool]

Dont think aft is for everyone as Ive spoken to people who prefer mid ship on TA's as they say you dont get rocked as much but having never done midship we find aft is fine

as the previous poster mentioned less footfall but there is a long walk to the elevators so would imagine that wouldnt help some people

our friends were in a c3 cabin near the aft of the ship and that was good

I was in an Aft C1 on the Silhouette on a TA back in 2009. I don't recall that part of the ship having noticeably more movement than other parts of the ship. I don't think we ever had soot problem. I do wish we got a sunset verandah instead of paying the premium for the concierge class. The perks weren't really worth it. The higher balcony was a nice, though. Also I don't remember too much cover between us and the balconies above us. And I could clearly see all the balconies below us.

Hello! We had an aft on Reflection in October - cabin 1694.

Unless you are elderly or have walking problems it is not far to walk. It took us about 2 minutes to walk from our room to the OVC. We went there regularly for coffee and iced water to bring back to our room.

We did have a small soot problem. Some days worse than others. Our steward gave us extra towels to put on the chairs when we sat so that we would not potentially get soot on our clothes. He also cleaned regularly. It did not cause us any problems.

There is some shelter by the door i.e. for privacy. Shelter from sun depends on direction of travel. It was a lovely view for sailaway and most aft room occupants stood by the balcony to view.

We did not notice any particular motion. It did not seem any worse than the rest of the ship. The room was quiet as there was no passing foot traffic.

All in all we would definitely book again.

Reflection is a wonderful ship.

Hello! We had an aft on Reflection in October - cabin 1694.

Unless you are elderly or have walking problems it is not far to walk. It took us about 2 minutes to walk from our room to the OVC. We went there regularly for coffee and iced water to bring back to our room.

We did have a small soot problem. Some days worse than others. Our steward gave us extra towels to put on the chairs when we sat so that we would not potentially get soot on our clothes. He also cleaned regularly. It did not cause us any problems.

There is some shelter by the door i.e. for privacy. Shelter from sun depends on direction of travel. It was a lovely view for sailaway and most aft room occupants stood by the balcony to view.

We did not notice any particular motion. It did not seem any worse than the rest of the ship. The room was quiet as there was no passing foot traffic.

All in all we would definitely book again.

Reflection is a wonderful ship.

Thank you. I went with 1216.