Cheers Question-2 cabins

Medinatn

Hello We are leaving 12-19-15

I have 2 cabins booked:

Cabin 1 Myself over 21 and my son 14

Cabin 2 My husband, 22 year old son and his 22 year old girlfriend

I had to book the cabins this way because one parent had to be in the room with 14 yr old son. all kids will be in the same room and my husband and I will be in the other room

BUT

I want to buy 3 cheers packages for me, hubby and 22 year old son. Can we switch the names on the cabins once we arrive so I can get cheers and 22 year old girlfriend doesn't? (she doesn't drink) or will I have to purchase it and she just get all my drinks??

Thanks for any help!!

Same problem for us. Wife in one me in another, due to 19 year old and 9 yeard kids.

I would think that you either get her to bring you all your drinks, or you have to pony up and pay the extra. I know it hurts, but these are the rules.

We were going to have the same problem when a friend of my daughters was in the room with my wife and daughter, as the 9 year old cant be registered with a 19 year old sister and a 22 yearold friend.

we got around it this time, as my wife is doing a pay as you go, and I am doing cheers. then we will compare the cost benefit analysis.

I know I will be ok, as I drink a little more than her.

I am hoping they will let us move cabins or she will have to bring me my drinks! She doesn't drink so paying an extra $260 doesn't seem reasonable :)

I was hoping they would let us switch names on the rooms once we arrive!!

I will have to post after our trip and give an update on what happens!

Should I wait to purchase the Cheers until we get onboard then?

Do I just go to guest services??

yes and yes. Go to guest services and put everyone where they need to be to get the best deal then buy the Cheers package. Get extra keys if no one is in the right room.

Hello We are leaving 12-19-15

I have 2 cabins booked:

Cabin 1 Myself over 21 and my son 14

Cabin 2 My husband, 22 year old son and his 22 year old girlfriend

I had to book the cabins this way because one parent had to be in the room with 14 yr old son. all kids will be in the same room and my husband and I will be in the other room

BUT

I want to buy 3 cheers packages for me, hubby and 22 year old son. Can we switch the names on the cabins once we arrive so I can get cheers and 22 year old girlfriend doesn't? (she doesn't drink) or will I have to purchase it and she just get all my drinks??

Thanks for any help!!

the part in bold is not true - see below - you could have booked the 22 year old girlfriend with the 14 year old son, order cheers and then when you board, switch rooms and get keys

Minor Guest Policy

Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided at embarkation. The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

• The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian
  • The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly
  • When minors (18 and under) are not traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel.
  • Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.

Guests 12 and younger

• If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative or guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

I want to buy 3 cheers packages for me, hubby and 22 year old son.

The only way you will be able to do this is to put these 3 people in one room and the son and girlfriend in the other. Cheers must be purchased for all adults in the same room.

The only way you will be able to do this is to put these 3 people in one room and the son and girlfriend in the other. Cheers must be purchased for all adults in the same room.

Yep

Why not mum dad and 14 yo in one and let the 22 yos have the other.

I am trying to get 3 cheers packages: Mom-Dad-22 yr old son.

But they wouldn't let me book the cabins like that. Mom or Dad has to be with the 14 yr old son, which divides us.

No he doesn't. Call and get someone else. The 14 yo doesnt have to be with a parent. I have been booking my boys in their own cabin for a while now.

I am trying to get 3 cheers packages: Mom-Dad-22 yr old son.

But they wouldn't let me book the cabins like that. Mom or Dad has to be with the 14 yr old son, which divides us.

You need to call and rearrange cabins, speak to someone else and have a copy of the policy which was copied above.

Cabin 1: you, DH, and 22 year old son

Cabin 2: 14 year old, GF

Buy Cheers for everyone in cabin 1

Once onboard go to guest services and get a keycard to cabin #2 for 22 year old son

I know from here that fellow cruisers have switched cabin around by going to guest services.

I, also know, that what you were told was incorrect about the 14 year with the parents. We started cruising with our kids when they were 16,14,and 12.. I have always booked them in their own cabin. Never had to do any switching.

I just wanted to give you this information for future cruising :D