Passion on the Beach or Barefoot Restaurant?

JLBellaCC

Hi all,

Thought a nice dinner on the beach would be a great way to spend the evening in Aruba. But I can't decide between these two restaurants! The planes flying over Barefoot kinda has me wondering if we would mind that...... but it looks prettier in the pictures than Passion- don't know if that is true or not! Is one more convenient for returning to the cruise ship? Reviews seem to indicate the food may be better at Passion, but Barefoot is rated higher on Tripadvisor. Lastly, if we spend time on the beach before going to dinner, I worry if we will look nice enough to go to these restaurants. So.....which would you pick?

Thank you!

This is just a matter of personal preference. Barefoot is my favorite restaurant. Arubalisa likes Passions better. We prefer Barefoot because we think that the food is better and it is a little more intimate. On both beaches, you will probably see people swimming in the water in front of you while you eat. Some people have complained about loud music coming from Reflextions next door during dinner at Barefoot. I've eaten there many times, and have paid close attention for music and have never heard it. A few planes fly over during dinner, but they land so close that we consider that a novelty and something that we look forward to. Both are relatively close to the port. You will probably run into more traffic coming back from Passions. It can get very congested going towards town from there, but may be thinned out by the time you head back. Everyone wears shorts/capris for dinner, so if you bring some to change into, you'll be fine. Either choice, you can't go wrong.

Edited by Hatteras51