DJ or no DJ - Formal night on Musica

We'renotreallyhere

Can anyone advise on formal night dress code on Musica. Arabian gulf cruise 20th - 27th Dec. can't find any clear info as to whether I will need DJ or just a suit. Any advice welcome- cheers

MSC dress code is advisory only and on formal nights less than 10% will have DJs probably less than 5%.

So I would just take a smart jacket and trousers or a lounge suit for formal , that is probably what most will wear .

There will be people in casual attire so you won't feel underdressed in smart casual if that's what you prefer.

Pete

Agree with Pete, don't bother to take a DJ unless you really want to wear it. A tiny number of men will be wearing them.

Although with the Middle Eatern airlines incredibly generous checked baggage allowances, who knows maybe more will dress more formally. Also with it being the Christmas cruise, a few more may also dress up. They did on New Year cruises.

Edited by AmoMondo

Can anyone advise on formal night dress code on Musica. Arabian gulf cruise 20th - 27th Dec. can't find any clear info as to whether I will need DJ or just a suit. Any advice welcome- cheers

Here is the MSC dress code from their UK web site

DRESS CODE

Causal wear is advised for like on-board the ship and for excursions ashore.

For informal evenings' date=' we recommend smart-casual attire, for example a summer dress, lightweight jack, chinos.

For the [b']Gala[/b] Evenings and parties, you may wish to dress more formally; we suggest a suit for gentlemen and an evening/cocktail dress for ladies.

It is advisable to have a sweater or shawl handy for changes in temperature between the air-conditioned interior of the ship and the deck areas. For excursions including visits to religious sites we advise appropriate clothing (covered knees and shoulders, no low-cut tops).

It tallies with my earlier post

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with Pete, don't bother to take a DJ unless you really want to wear it. A tiny number of men will be wearing them.

Although with the Middle Eatern airlines incredibly generous checked baggage allowances, who knows maybe more will dress more formally. Also with it being the Christmas cruise, a few more may also dress up. They did on New Year cruises.

Just off the Musica, and I was out of place in a tuxedo. The men were almost entirely in suits even on gala night. Evening gowns on the women were also not particularly popular but were present.

I was impressed that the repeat cruisers all were prepared for "White" night and "Italian Night" (red, white and green attire).