Escape coffee makers

schultz

I'd like to know about coffee makers too. Though we won't be in an inside cabin. If coffee makers are in staterooms, are they different in different rooms? I thought there were coffee makers, and assumed that NCL provided the coffee. Is that not true?

Are there coffee makers in inside cabins and can you buy pods on board or do you have to bring them with you?

Just watched a video on youtube, doesn't look like there is one, unless its behind that piece of paper.

Anyhow, no huge loss for the coffee for free SUCKS - I would just try for some in the Atrium Cafe, well worth the money, cheaper than starbucks and I thought it tasted almost as good on the Getaway - I was 3.50 for a medium double shot skinny latte, I am sure regular Lavazza was less.

We just got off the Escape yesterday and ordered room service (coffee/danish/fruit) every morning and were never charged a service fee.

There are several items available for a charge as well, ordering these items may incur the service fee.

We just got off the Escape yesterday and ordered room service (coffee/danish/fruit) every morning and were never charged a service fee.

There are several items available for a charge as well, ordering these items may incur the service fee.

Many thanks for the clarification! As an aside, (sorry, going off topic for a moment, felt you were the people to ask) we do have some misgivings about the size/passenger load of Escape as to date we have always cruised on much smaller ships. It seems to be the way forward in the industry so thought we would give it a try. Would be very interested on your take re line ups, service etc...Thank you.

Edited by Macadian
Update

We were on the Getaway last year and last week the Escape so I can't really compare to a smaller ship but we loved both. I enjoyed the Getaway slightly more but my husband preferred the Escape. I'm not sure how many passengers were aboard last week but the ship rarely felt crowded. We had UBP and had no problems getting drinks at the bars, mojito bar was a bit slow because the drinks are more complex but still never waited more than a few minutes. We did not make reservations at the speciality resturaunts but were able to walk up to Teppanyaki (at 8PM) and Cagney's twice (6PM and 8PM) and still get seated within 5-10 mins. At Cagney's we were seated across from the bar, which some people may not like, but we didn't have a reservation and still had a delicious meal. We got to the ship a little early on one port day and did the water slides with no lines at all. Then the ropes course on Friday with maybe a 5 minute wait. There were a few times when the buffet felt a little crowded but other than that I have no complaints. We spent most of our sun time at Spice and only one at sea day had look around for a few minutes to find a lounger.

We enjoyed the Escape and I'm sure you will too!

Thanks. We have not sailed ,Norwegian for a while but after our recent booking we were led to understand that though the coffee delivery is free, their is a 7.95 service charge? Can you clarify please. Our cruise is in February.

Continental breakfast in the morning is free (to include coffee). There are hot items that will incur a service charge. Coffee ordered outside of the breakfast hours will incur a service charge. Service charge is per order (so order more than coffee) if you are ordering later in the day.

f3870239b9c0707ce4939737c06c7fc2.jpg

697f059a9b17d86a6234c067ea0b24ac.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

• 9 months later...
Continental breakfast in the morning is free (to include coffee). There are hot items that will incur a service charge. Coffee ordered outside of the breakfast hours will incur a service charge. Service charge is per order (so order more than coffee) if you are ordering later in the day.

f3870239b9c0707ce4939737c06c7fc2.jpg

697f059a9b17d86a6234c067ea0b24ac.jpg

Thank you so much for this. I was confused, now I'm not. Love the pre-order thing, wake up to fresh coffee, head out on deck with my book and enjoy a quiet hour or two. Thank you thank you

We were just on the Escape a couple of weeks ago and ordered room service every morning for the free continental breakfast. They were great! Always on time, and you could get as many carafes of coffee that you requested!

We did use the small machine in the room. It is not a Keurig style, more like the little ones in the hotel rooms. Not bad in a pinch. They always refilled it with regular, decaf,tea bags, different sugar packets every day. I'm sure if you request it at any time they would give you more of the little pods.