Price of water in Fun Shops?

Straitlover

Last cruise, my sis had really bad swelling problems, and i had a little problem. We want to limit how much water we drink on board this time to see if that helps. We don't drink sodas or alcohol; we mostly stick to water, tea, milk, lemonade and coffee (with the occasional frozen virgin drink or milkshake :D ). I've ordered two 12 pks to be delivered to the room already. If we need more, how much does it cost in the Fun Shops? Still 2.99?

Yes, same price whether you purchase it in advance or onboard. I have the swelling problem as well and try to limit the amount of ship water I drink. I really appreciate the new lower price of bottled water so I don't have to carry water onboard.

Thanks! I drink a lot of water, but I didn't want to overbuy and have some left over. Now I know I can just re-stock if need be.

My sis' swelling was so bad she went to the doctor when she got home. Only shoes she could wear were flip flops!

Last cruise, my sis had really bad swelling problems, and i had a little problem. We want to limit how much water we drink on board this time to see if that helps. We don't drink sodas or alcohol; we mostly stick to water, tea, milk, lemonade and coffee (with the occasional frozen virgin drink or milkshake :D ). I've ordered two 12 pks to be delivered to the room already. If we need more, how much does it cost in the Fun Shops? Still 2.99?

Be aware the lemonade and tea onboard are made with the same water that swells you. You might want to avoid those if that's a problem (and any other drink that comes out of the dispenser on Lido deck). The 12 packs of water cost the same onboard as they do from the Fun Shop. Just call room service and order more if you need it.

Have a great cruise!

My wife has the swelling problem. What could possibly be in the water

You cannot taste any salt, I would think that would be removed in their process. What about all the salt in their food, increases walking, & the salt air. I know this is not a swelling post, but I went ahead. This has been discussed many times on CC, I still am perplexed.

Edited by texast518

its not the water that causes swelling it is the fact that the food is salted more than what you are used to. the salt makes your body keep extra water to spread out the sodium. This extra water is why you swell. limiting water can cause you to become dehydrated especially if you are where it is hot. try to limit the saltier foods, soups, ham, seafood, and many other dishes have alot of sodium. you might ask the dining room if they have low salt choices.

its not the water that causes swelling it is the fact that the food is salted more than what you are used to. the salt makes your body keep extra water to spread out the sodium. This extra water is why you swell. limiting water can cause you to become dehydrated especially if you are where it is hot. try to limit the saltier foods, soups, ham, seafood, and many other dishes have alot of sodium. you might ask the dining room if they have low salt choices.

I agree.

I drink only ship water, not bottled water, when we cruise. I drink a lot of it.

I don't order meals that have sauces because I like the taste of my food as is and don't want it covered up by sauces.

The only swelling I've experienced is from the humidity. That happens at home in the summer as well.

I experience the swelling as well and have found it is due to the humidity. I live in a relatively dry climate (Southern California) and rarely swell at home. The minute I get to Florida (or any other tropical locale) my feet and ankles swell.

I've gone the route of pre-ordering the water bottles for the cruise as well and find that's a good way to go.

Most likely it is the higher salt content in the food, the humidity, and the stuff you do on a cruise that you do NOT do at home!

The ship's water is prepared just like most bottled waters....and many times, the ship's water comes from the ports....they don't make 100% of the water on the ship!

My wife has the swelling problem. What could possibly be in the water

You cannot taste any salt, I would think that would be removed in their process. What about all the salt in their food, increases walking, & the salt air. I know this is not a swelling post, but I went ahead. This has been discussed many times on CC, I still am perplexed.

We also plan on trying to watch the salty type foods. I am also planning on getting some compression socks to wear on the plane and to sleep in them. We don't know exactly what caused the problem; we're trying to be proactive and see if these ideas will help.

Be aware the lemonade and tea onboard are made with the same water that swells you. You might want to avoid those if that's a problem (and any other drink that comes out of the dispenser on Lido deck). The 12 packs of water cost the same onboard as they do from the Fun Shop. Just call room service and order more if you need it.

Have a great cruise!

I don't drink much of the lemonade because of the calories. I just have a little here and there when I want something flavored. I usually only have one glass of tea w/ lunch and one w/ dinner ( w/ sweet n low) becasue it's not great tea, and not necessarily every day.

While the ship's water is desalinated there is still more salt in it than 'regular' tap water - and yes the drinks on Lido and cooking water contain more salt than normal.

On my most recent cruise I did order the bottled water to the room and tried to drink as little of the 'other' water as possible and I can honestly say this is the first time I have had little to no swelling.

I have already pre-orderd some bottled water for my next cruise and hope to have the same result! :)

Edited by Froufie

While the ship's water is desalinated there is still more salt in it than 'regular' tap water - and yes the drinks on Lido and cooking water contain more salt than normal.

On my most recent cruise I did order the bottled water to the room and tried to drink as little of the 'other' water as possible and I can honestly say this is the first time I have had little to no swelling.

I have already pre-orderd some bottled water for my next cruise and hope to have the same result! :)

It makes a very big difference for me as well. I have experienced it mid cruise as well when my sister suggested switching from tap to bottled water. I started feeling better by the next day. I know some doubt that this really happens, but I know what works for me and I too am glad that the water is inexpensive from the ship itself.

I also have problems with legs swelling (especially ankles!) and even all-over body swelling. When I come back home and go to work I am looking like an inflated balloon, even in my face. no joke.

I have been buying the bottled water and have sent to my cabin, and drink most of that (DH drinks a little) and most of those 2 big bottles of water they give you. No help.

I am really sensitive to sodium anymore and when I go out to a restaurant, I have the same swelling the next day. I guess it is the repeated meals of high-sodium food on the ship that makes me swell. By the end of the cruise, I always have the fattest ankles around. It takes two days after I get home to get back to normal. I think it is very difficult to find low sodium foods on the ship. Maybe if I called ahead of time and asked for low-sodium diet.