Arrest Magic passenger

texast518

Arrested while on the ship and jailed in Jamaica or arrested while on the island?

Do not know, the Galveston webcam blog said 2 involved, one in jail, one taken off Magic in cuffs. Not sure if related

Edited by texast518

It is perfectly legal to buy marijuana in Jamaica now.

They are selling legal edibles along the highways.

You cannot bring it back into the USA but I doubt if anyone would be arrested for that while actually in Jamaica.

Actually, it's not perfectly legal. Just that you will only face a small fine unless you hold a medical card. They are indeed strictly enforcing any attempt to leave the country with any.

We had a private tour in Jamaica and the guide told us it was now legal. If that is wrong then I am sorry for that wrong info.

I just checked on line and it is true that it is "medical marijuana" that is legal but for the rest it is only a fine to have a small amount. You still wouldn't be thrown in jail for that.

Interesting. I just got off the Magic yesterday and did not know anything about this.

We saw the young man come off in handcuffs on webcam even though it was POURING down raining. Plus two ambulances.

Edited by texast518

We saw the young man come off in handcuffs on webcam even though it was POURING down raining. Plus two ambulances.

Wow. My room was on the opposite side of where we docked in Jamaica. Maybe someone will give some details later.

a very special bus at the pier in Galveston. Seems local, county and state will run the names of passengers.....looking for outstanding warrants...Yup, they all get a free excursion....to the county jail in Galveston!

and they all get their own "special" bracelets...not the I am on this tour bracelet, but the steel kind.