Have UDP for first two. Made res for 3 online. Was not charged for third??

zaknzoey

So, we have the UDP for the first two and we are a party of 3. I went online to make some reservations, fully expecting to have to immediately pay for the third person and when added to cart, it said balance was zero? :confused:

This is my first NCL cruise. I am "assuming" the UDP was only for the first two. But why was I not charged when making res's for 3?

Does the UDP cover everyone in the cabin??

Sorry if that's a dumb question. Just trying to figure out what we will have to pay.

Thanks!

The UDP is only for the first two, but the on-line reservation system will let you book for up to 8 people without paying. But that is only the reservation. The people in your party who do not have a dining package will have to pay for their specialty meals on board, after each meal.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

The UDP is only for the first two, but the on-line reservation system will let you book for up to 8 people without paying. But that is only the reservation. The people in your party who do not have a dining package will have to pay for their specialty meals on board, after each meal.

OK, thanks for the clarification! On RCL, when we made specialty reservations online, we paid right then, online. I was expecting the same. :rolleyes:

Actually, it depends on your promotion and when you booked. We booked in early Feb of this year for January, and got the UDP for all six of us in the cabin-- I had them send the amenity invoice to make sure that was being honored after all of the changes, and it shows all of us as UDP, as was indicated at booking. We all also got the UBP, but only the first two get the Adult version -- 3-6 get the soda package.

I would call NCL (assuming you booked directly) and ask for them to email you the amenity confirmation, that way you know for sure what to expect.

You might notice when you made the online reservation that it didn't ask for names. It has no idea who the people are that will be dining. It's simply the person making the reservation and "party of 5" or 3 or 8, etc. As long as the one booking has a dining plan, then you won't be charged. You could be making the reservation in order to dine with people you meet on board. It doesn't know, therefore, you aren't charged.