Christmas cruise...Santa?

aadowell

We leave next week on Navigator to spend Christmas. I told my kids, 4-1/2 and 6 yrs, that Santa would be on the ship. Because, quite honestly, it never occurred to me he WOULDN'T be. But in talking to my mom tonight, she said she has never seen Santa on a cruise ship (on any line), although she usually cruises just before Christmas and not actually on Christmas day. Has anyone done a Christmas cruise and can tell me if Santa is on board?

I'm not expecting him to do the whole "kids on his lap thing" but really, what's Christmas without a Santa appearance in some capacity?

Thanks!

Here are the kids on Quantum last year:

23626677772_21f6924dd2.jpg

Not only was Santa present, he was passing out presents (headphones for these guys). We've also met Santa on Disney Christmas cruises.

We'll be on Oasis next week, and definitely expect to see Santa again.

Merry Christmas to you!

Edited by mikat77

We leave next week on Navigator to spend Christmas. I told my kids, 4-1/2 and 6 yrs, that Santa would be on the ship. Because, quite honestly, it never occurred to me he WOULDN'T be. But in talking to my mom tonight, she said she has never seen Santa on a cruise ship (on any line), although she usually cruises just before Christmas and not actually on Christmas day. Has anyone done a Christmas cruise and can tell me if Santa is on board?

I'm not expecting him to do the whole "kids on his lap thing" but really, what's Christmas without a Santa appearance in some capacity?

Thanks!

As long as you are on board Christmas day then Santa will make an appearance and hand out age appropriate gifts for all the kids. This has been our experience bring on board for Christmas Day the past 3 years.

On our 1 actual Christmas cruise on Grandeur, on Christmas Morning, the Captain came on the PA, to say that some may notice that the ship had slowed a little, the reason was that they had seen a blip on the radar and thought it may be Santa, so they had shut 1 engine down so, if it was him, he would have a chimney to use. Everyone went to the pool deck to see and sure enough it was Santa with gifts for all the children.

On our 1 actual Christmas cruise on Grandeur, on Christmas Morning, the Captain came on the PA, to say that some may notice that the ship had slowed a little, the reason was that they had seen a blip on the radar and thought it may be Santa, so they had shut 1 engine down so, if it was him, he would have a chimney to use. Everyone went to the pool deck to see and sure enough it was Santa with gifts for all the children.

that just made me tear up a bit. How fantastic!

Santa was on the Oasis last week, you could get a picture with the "Vacationing Santa", dressed with a Caribbean shirt instead of the Santa Suit.

There was a film crew onboard filming a Christmas commercial for Royal Caribbean with Santa on the flowrider, on the zip line and other places on the ship!

Keith

We sailed on the Voyager a week or so before Christmas a long time ago. It was very memorable to see Santa on skates in Studio B (on Deck 3)! :D

can't be as interesting as seeing 'end of career' Elvis on skates on Liberty last week....although the jelly belly was probably the same....:eek: