Is the Salt Grill worth it?

sweetp12

Hi All

I know that the reviews for Salt Grill are pretty much all positive with loads of people raving about the food.

But is it worth it if you are meat and potatoes type of people?

The husband takes medication which affects his taste, therefore prefers "plain" food as he knows it will be tolerated.

Neither of us eat seafood.

Hubby is also a type 2 diabetic so while he could have a little sweet he wont eat a full desert.

Oh and his diabetes means that he reacts to bread - so that is off the menu as well.

I would like to give it a try - at lunchtime so any tummy upsets wont affect the evening...

But even at $39 a head is it worth it? We will most likely order the steak - is that anything different than what I can get elsewhere (or cook at home!)

Feed back would be appreciated!

We went on the first night of the cruise and paid $39. It was OK but it was 3 courses and a limited menu. We enjoyed it but it's a lot when you have already 'paid' for dinner. The service on Pacific Aria was pretty poor for what it's supposed to be.

Recently on a 4 nighter on Pacific Jewel; the food and service was excellent at Salt Grill however, the $49 pp cover charge is a bit much especially when they charge Lobster as a $22 extra and extra for oysters at $2ea. Much better value was the Luna restaurant which only cost $29pp.

Most cruise lines only charge around $25-30pp without menu restrictions for specialty dining venues although I notice that some lines are introducing specialty dining with individually priced items e.g. Princess with their new Japanese restaurant on Diamond Princess.