Princess does not guarantee cabins anymore?

prarie cruiser

In reading the "nightmare" thread I guess I am left with the overall question of whether or not Princess guarantees cabins anymore. I used to think if they assigned you a cabin it was yours, now the official policy seems to have changed. Anyone else know about this or have experience with this policy?

In reading the "nightmare" thread I guess I am left with the overall question of whether or not Princess guarantees cabins anymore. I used to think if they assigned you a cabin it was yours, now the official policy seems to have changed. Anyone else know about this or have experience with this policy?

I was 'guaranteed' a cabin on the Sea, until we 'discussed it'. I have a hunch that they still it when a ship has duel loading ports, such as the Sea. john

Dh and I are going on the CB this Saturday. We originally booked a guarantee. We were told that even if we asked for a specific cabin, unless we stated to Princess that we didn't want to be moved, we could be upgraded and/or moved at any time. Our guarantee cabin has been changed twice, with the last about 2 months ago. Since we liked where we ended up, we asked to stay there. So they took us off of the guarantee list.

Deena

Princess has the option to change your cabin if it is an upgrade in category.

If you do not want them to have this option, your TA must tell them that you do not want to be considered for an upgrade and they will honor your request and not change your cabin. This request should be made when you book.

tonyt

The default when you book a specific cabin is that you would accept an upgrade. Your TA should inform you of this and if you don't want to be upgraded, make sure your booking is marked "No upgrade." It is your TAs responsibility to know this and why they receive the commission. :)

I have two future cruises booked and both bookings include the cabin that I picked. I have some issues with my Travel Agent, but she’s never failed on a booking for me…it just takes her some time to get it done sometimes. While I don’t specify “no upgrade” I have always been notified and asked if I would accept any cabin change. I realize there are a number of circumstances with the "Nightmare" issue that could have caused things to go wrong, but given my Travel Agent's performance, its difficult to think that the TA in that case didn't do something wrong.

Archived