Never sailed Disney - give me the need to know info

erby2283

Good Morning everyone!

Friends of mine have a cruise booked for 2017 on Disney. I have been thinking about possibly surprising them by joining them on their cruise IF my Oct 2016 cruise on RCL Anthem doesn't work out (the 2017 cruise is in Feb and I just can't afford to do 2 cruises that close together).

Basically, my questions are: Are the prices I see on their website for two people? Are there any hidden fees (other than gratuities and excursions, etc.)? How much is a normal deposit? What is the usual cancellation fee (is it similar to other lines where you can cancel with no penalty up to 60-90 days prior to sailing without penalty depending on the rate you booked)? Is there anything else you could share with me that I am sure I am forgetting since I am typing this in a rush?

Basically, my questions are: Are the prices I see on their website for two people? Are there any hidden fees (other than gratuities and excursions, etc.)? How much is a normal deposit? What is the usual cancellation fee (is it similar to other lines where you can cancel with no penalty up to 60-90 days prior to sailing without penalty depending on the rate you booked)? Is there anything else you could share with me that I am sure I am forgetting since I am typing this in a rush?

Yes, the pricing is shown for 2 passengers.

There are some extra fees for drinks from waiters, etc, but they are not really hidden because they ask for your key card so they can charge it.

Deposits are 20% of the cruise fare.

Copy/paste of my cancellation info:

CRUISE CANCELLATION FEES:

CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment.

Cruises 1 to 5 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount

74 to 45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms

44 to 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest

29 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest

14 days or less No refund

Cruises 6 to 9 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

89 to 56 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms

55 to 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest

Holiday Sailings*: Cruises 1 to 5 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

89 to 65 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms

64 to 43 days 50% of vacation price per Guest

42 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest

Holiday Sailings*: Cruises 6 to 9 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

104 to 75 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms

74 to 43 days 50% of vacation price per Guest

42 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest

*Holiday Sailings are sailings that include Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day (US) or July 4th.

Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port

119 to 56 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms

55 to 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest

Suites and Concierge Staterooms: All Sailings

90 days or more Deposit per Guest

89 to 56 days 50% of vacation price per Guest

55 to 30 days 75% of vacation price per Guest

I recommend trip insurance. If you book through a travel agent, they can probably get you a better deal for insurance than what DCL offers.

Good Morning everyone!

Friends of mine have a cruise booked for 2017 on Disney. I have been thinking about possibly surprising them by joining them on their cruise IF my Oct 2016 cruise on RCL Anthem doesn't work out (the 2017 cruise is in Feb and I just can't afford to do 2 cruises that close together).

Unlike other cruiselines, soft drinks, coffee, and tea are included at meals and from the 24/7 drink station on the pool deck. If you order a soda from a bar/lounge/room service/or wandering server it comes with a cost. All beverages purchased include a 15% gratuity.

Extra cost items:

photos

spa

nursery (if you require it)

tasting/mixology classes

adult dining

snacks outside the theaters

tips for room service

internet

specialty coffees/teas

laundry