QM toiletries

Pjran

I loved the Penhaligon's toiletries on the QM2, we disembarked earlier today. I have to admit that any the small pots not totally used up found their way into my toiletry bag. I'm sure I didn't have this brand on QE.

Just wondering if you receive enhanced lotions and potions once you reach Platinum as I know Princess give a little extra when Elite.

Please let me know, thanks.

We enjoyed our cruise but the ship wasn't great. We had leaks outside our cabin and it smelled damp and musty. The planetarium was broken and we had a fire and electrical problem with delayed sailing. The loss of time in Vigo was a bonus for us.

Sorry to sound so negative. The cruise was a lovely relaxing break before the mayhem of Christmas. I missed not sailing with Princess as they offer a complimentary laundry service, that's a wonderful benefit.

We enjoyed our cruise but the ship wasn't great. We had leaks outside our cabin and it smelled damp and musty. The planetarium was broken and we had a fire and electrical problem with delayed sailing. The loss of time in Vigo was a bonus for us.

Sorry to sound so negative. The cruise was a lovely relaxing break before the mayhem of Christmas. I missed not sailing with Princess as they offer a complimentary laundry service, that's a wonderful benefit.

That's a shame but there is no need to apologise, you can only report your experience.

We did a similar trip last year and really enjoyed being away at that time of year.

We were on the same cruise, our first with Cunard, and really enjoyed it.

May I comment on the delay leaving Lisbon after the electrical fault. We were ashore when it happened, and were not given a reason for our delayed departure - only that we hadn't been given clearance to leave. Everyone was sure that we wouldn't make it to Vigo, and would have an extra sea day. But Captain Oprey put on the speed overnight to 25 knots - he said that it was a matter of pride to him not to miss a port - and we arrived in Vigo only about three hours late and were given extra time there.

Yes, there are a few faults with QM2 at the moment, but not many, and to us the pluses really outweighed the minuses. She's a grand ship in the old manner. Someone said it's "Titanic meets Downton Abbey" (without the sinking of the former!) and that seems to be a very apt description.