Atlantis and Comfort Inn

Pookeybear1966

I reserved a room at comfort inn for our June cruise. It was cheaper than booking individual tickets thru the cruiseline. How does it work? Do we get bands upon checking in? Can we use the room during that day and then just check out afterwards? Just curious. We want to spend day at Atlantis and then head back to the cruiseship after

I reserved a room at comfort inn for our June cruise. It was cheaper than booking individual tickets thru the cruiseline. How does it work? Do we get bands upon checking in? Can we use the room during that day and then just check out afterwards? Just curious. We want to spend day at Atlantis and then head back to the cruiseship after

You will get vouchers to pick up your bands at Atlantis. The room is yours, provided it's available. We never used ours - Atlantis is huge as it is, never mind hiking back to CS.

The walk isn't bad. We made sure to see everything, go on every slide, spend time at the beach (cove, since the main one was closed, so lots of walking on sand), the Dig... When it was time to go, DH went back and checked out. We should have just checked out when we checked in.

We did the same thing. Got a hotel room at CS. As soon as you get off the ship, we headed straight to CS and checked in. We did get our keys in case the little ones wanted a place to rest. We went straight to Atlantis and enjoyed the water park. It came up a storm and we went back to the CS and showered and watched some football. We caught a taxi back to the port. It was well worth it. Another family in our party had young kids and the kids were tired of the water slides so they went to the hotel to take a nap. Have fun!

Does anyone know if you have to pay in full when you book at Comfort Inn or only a deposit??

I didn't pay anything for our reservation in June. Just guaranteed with credit card and can cancel up to a day prior.

Edited by Pookeybear1966

Is Atlantis worth it? For families\children or would an adults-only group enjoy it too?

Worth every penny! We cruise almost every year with our kids and last year was the first we went to Atlantis for the day. We all said it was our best vacation day ever! So fun!

Does anyone know about child vs. adult tickets for Atlantis? I have a daughter who will be 15 next summer when we go. The Comfort Suites will count her as a child as she is not 16 yet, but will they give me an adult Atlantis pass for her? Looks like Atlantis counts child as 12 and under. I was going to put in 4 adults on the hotel, but the price difference is almost $100 versus putting in 3 adults and 1 child.

Does anyone know about child vs. adult tickets for Atlantis? I have a daughter who will be 15 next summer when we go. The Comfort Suites will count her as a child as she is not 16 yet, but will they give me an adult Atlantis pass for her? Looks like Atlantis counts child as 12 and under. I was going to put in 4 adults on the hotel, but the price difference is almost $100 versus putting in 3 adults and 1 child.

When I booked I selected 3 adults when it's Me, Hubby and our 16 yr old daughter just to be safe :)

Are they still doing Atlantis passes? I was looking about this time last year four our Nassau stop in April of 2015 and heard a lot of 'they don't do that anymore.' Looks like they started up again? We have a Nassau stop in April of this year too so maybe I'll have to look back into it!

How much is CS now for the day pass to Atlantis? I did this about 4 years ago on a Disney cruise and we are going back in April on a Carnival Cruise. I have 2 adults and 2 children.

Depends when you are going? Go to comfort suites website and go like you are booking. We booked a room and it was 283.00 but that's mid June 2016

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am going to Nassau this November and wanted to go to Atlantis but way to expensive through Carnival. So looking at Comfort Suites I can just get a room and use the facilities because I purchased a night in a room? I did use the post above to book an Atlantis day and boy it is $480 for 4 adults 45,45,21,17.

Just making sure I understand clearly:confused:

Not sure if they still sell day passes, but they did when we were there in 2008 and 2014. They only sell a certain number of them, though, and then that's it and you are out of luck. We were not willing to take the chance so we booked a hotel room (at Atlantis in 2008, at CS in 2014).

Definitely check prices at Atlantis. For four people in one room it might be the same price as CS or very close and the room would be conveniently close in case you did want to use it.

CS expects people coming first thing in the morning to "check in", no worries there. We got off the ship as soon as we could, got a taxi (van) to CS, checked in, got our passes, told them we didn't need the keys, and went straight to Atlantis. There is a walking path from one to the other. When you get to Atlantis there is a desk you go to to get your wristband.

We had such a great time both times we went there. It's definitely a day to remember!

And to whoever asked about adults -- yes! Kids are not needed for you to have fun. There is so much to do and you will enjoy yourself just as much (maybe even more lol).