Atlantis and Comfort Inn

Pookeybear1966

Just did a mock booking for both the day pass and the Comfort Suites. The day pass for 4 came to $388 and the comfort suites for 4 was $313.

Not sure what time of year, but that seems cheap. Make sure you go through the entire booking process. Comfort Suites charges a resort fee, taxes, etc. For 3 of us in May it is $314 but after resort fees, taxes, etc its $393.45. A day pass for all 3 of us directly through Atlantis is $267.

Not sure if the day passes are refundable due to bad weather -- definitely check before purchasing in advance. Day passes usually do save some money over booking a room, but you are taking a chance either way -- if you buy them ahead of time and it rains, then you don't get your money back. If you plan to buy them that day and they run out, then you are out of luck. It's definitely a tricky scenario. It's obviously a personal decision based on different factors.

That being said, I believe CS doesn't allow you to cancel rooms at the last minute, either. I think it's 4 or 5 days out, something like that. Not sure about the Atlantis hotel. At that point, there might be a semi-reliable weather forecast, who knows. Again, these things are a tough call.

We based our choice on the fact that it was the one and only thing we wanted to do in Nassau and that we would have three very sad children if we were unable to go there because it was sold out. So we booked rooms and kept an eye on the forecast. We lucked out both times with near-perfect weather.

Good luck everyone and have fun!

Edited by love2driveinct

I just booked the CS for our spring break trip. Atlantis has a two night minimum stay during our visit and isn't selling 2017 day passes yet. Rather than risk it, I booked the room. Even with taxes and fees, it came to $140 pp which is less than the excursion from the ship. It's a ton of $$$ for a few hours at a water park, but we are west-coasters and probably would never go to Atlantis for a vacation. Dd who will be 13 for the trip is super excited!

• 3 months later...

We did this looooong ago when we took the kids on a Bahamas cruise. When we checked in the Comfort Inn they asked us if we were just going to Atlantis because they could check us out than we wouldn't have to come back. The room was $180 i believe but the Atlantis tickets were almost $100 so we saved over $200 for 4 people. Great deal!

When I booked I selected 3 adults when it's Me, Hubby and our 16 yr old daughter just to be safe :)

What's the difference between a child and adult pass? As long as the child is taller than 48", they can do all of the slides, right?

Edited by aam3

• 3 months later...
What's the difference between a child and adult pass? As long as the child is taller than 48", they can do all of the slides, right?

I know this thread is a bit old now . . . but wondering the same thing - booked 2 rooms at Comfort Suites, we are 2 adults and 5 teens, that I booked as "children". Doesn't seem like it should make a difference for their water park passes, but it is a bit confusing, with the age rules at each property.

I know this thread is a bit old now . . . but wondering the same thing - booked 2 rooms at Comfort Suites, we are 2 adults and 5 teens, that I booked as "children". Doesn't seem like it should make a difference for their water park passes, but it is a bit confusing, with the age rules at each property.

Well, if booking the passes through the ship or directly, child passes are cheaper. I don't think it changes the price at CS, so I think I'd change the kids to adults, just in case. Kids are 12 and under.

Edited by mjkacmom

Well, if booking the passes through the ship or directly, child passes are cheaper. I don't think it changes the price at CS, so I think I'd change the kids to adults, just in case. Kids are 12 and under.

It does change the price by $70/each to change the teens from kids to adults, that is why I was wondering.

It does change the price by $70/each to change the teens from kids to adults, that is why I was wondering.

ALL guests need to be present when checking in, so your teens will not be allowed to check in as children. They will be charged as adults, with all the appropriate taxes and fees. It's not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

We are coming to Nassau as part of an NCL cruise with 2 adults and 4 children ages 12, 12, 14, and 17. What do you think would be the best way to book the Atlantis Waterpark for the day? Comfort Suites or Atlantis Day passes through Atlantis or another vendor?

We are coming to Nassau as part of an NCL cruise with 2 adults and 4 children ages 12, 12, 14, and 17. What do you think would be the best way to book the Atlantis Waterpark for the day? Comfort Suites or Atlantis Day passes through Atlantis or another vendor?

Probably through the website, you would need to get 2 rooms at CS. Do a dummy booking (including the taxes and fees) and do the math.