Offered upgrade on 12/27/15 Emerald sailing

luvdvc

I was just emailed an upgrade offer on the 12/17/15 Emerald sailing. I have 3 inside cabins booked, and 2 of those were offered an upgrade to an ocean view or obstructed ocean view for $49 per person. I have 2 questions:

1) Since only 2 of my 3 rooms were sent the email, can I call and request that all 3 rooms be extended the upgrade offer? Has anyone had ever asked for something like this before? and

2) Do you think this is worth taking?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I was just emailed an upgrade offer on the 12/17/15 Emerald sailing. I have 3 inside cabins booked, and 2 of those were offered an upgrade to an ocean view or obstructed ocean view for $49 per person. I have 2 questions:

1) Since only 2 of my 3 rooms were sent the email, can I call and request that all 3 rooms be extended the upgrade offer? Has anyone had ever asked for something like this before? and

You should call and ask, all they could say is no.

Don't wait too long its first come first served

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I would say take the offer as we are on the same cruise in an ocean view. Maybe then we would get an offer for a balcony. [emoji4]. Come back and let us know what you decide and whether or not you were able to get all 3 cabins upgraded.

I had to leave a message with my booking number and a callback number, so I'm waiting to hear back from them now. I find it so odd that they are offering upsells on this sailing because it's been sold out for quite a while now. :confused: I wish I could see what cabins are available through the Princess website, but since it's showing it's sold out, that's not possible. I'll let you know what happens when they call back.

Edited by luvdvc

I had to leave a message with my booking number and a callback number, so I'm waiting to hear back from them now. I find it so odd that they are offering upsells on this sailing because it's been sold out for quite a while now. :confused: I wish I could see what cabins are available through the Princess website, but since it's showing it's sold out, that's not possible. I'll let you know what happens when they call back.

Here's my experience from October 2014 with an upsell offer. Note that my purchased balcony was offered a choice of either a mini-suite -OR- a full suite, each with their own upsell price. This was a sailing that had plenty of staterooms for sale and the ship sailed less than full.

The routine of leaving messages allows them to return calls in the order received and to pace themselves based upon remaining inventory.

When I got my callback, and gave my credit card number to pay the additional fare, I next mentioned that my brother who had a balcony was also interested in paying for the upgrade, if he could. I was told that since his reservation was LINKED to mine, that he could. And my mother's was also LINKED so we upgraded her as well.

Now I think they were accommodating in part because they may have not had enough takers for the offer. That's just my hunch, as the reason given was that the reservations were linked together.

So, if you do get the call, you may want to ask about doing the third room since it seems that you're a group together and probably have your reservations linked.

I think the window, adding daylight to the cabin, is worth the upgrade cost. I've stayed in Obstructed Ocean view rooms and typically you can see plenty enough outside... unless you have a forward facing cabin. For me, at least, it's all about daylight making the cabin feel bigger; I don't think I'd sail in an inside stateroom.

I turned down an upsell last year for our post-Christmas cruise. We ended up getting a nice upgrade to an accessible balcony cabin. The upsell offer was $199 per person to move to a suite (3-day cruise).

Edited by geoherb

On an 8 day sailing I'd JUMP at the $49 upsell offer (unless there were kids in some of the rooms and you had deliberately selected cabins right next to each other in which case you probably can't/won't move). Otherwise it's a bargain, IMO.

Thanks for the replies!

I received a call back last night around 8pm. The agent said they would be willing to honor the upsell offer for the 3rd cabin since they were linked, but at that time there were only 2 obstructed ocean view cabins left and they were not near each other. I decided to pass since my mom is coming along and I know she would rather be near the grand kids than have the 3 cabins spread around the ship. Not meant to be this time...but maybe we'll get lucky again someday!!

Edited by luvdvc