What to do near FLL airport

_beachgirl_

After our cruise, we will be sitting in the airport for about 8 hours or so. I looked into doing one of the cruise excursions for after the cruise but they all had pretty poor reviews so that's not going to be an option. We will have our luggage with us so I don't have very many ideas. Our flight doesn't leave until 8pm.

Is there anything around there that we could do?

Depending on your airline you may be able to use Luggage Express and not have to worry about your checked bags.

Click here to get to the Carnival page.

Your luggage is picked up outside of your cabin door just like normal. The next time you see it is at your final destination luggage carousel! You will also get your airline boarding passes delivered to your cabin.

Charlie

After our cruise, we will be sitting in the airport for about 8 hours or so. I looked into doing one of the cruise excursions for after the cruise but they all had pretty poor reviews so that's not going to be an option. We will have our luggage with us so I don't have very many ideas. Our flight doesn't leave until 8pm.

Is there anything around there that we could do?

Priceline a room for that night around the airport and hang out at the pool and have a nice lunch.

Or Priceline one at the beach.

You may not be able to have your room but you'll be able to use the facilities until your room is ready.

17th Street and the beach would also be good places to priceline a room.

If you don't want to eat at the hotel's restaurants, you can always order deliver from Delivery Dudes (http://www.DeliveryDudes.com). They deliver from everywhere. Literally.

Or you could go to Publix and get a picnic. Their fried chicken is epic.

Edited by BlueHerons

The Renaissance Hotel and the Rodeway Inn both offer day rooms. The former is a much nicer hotel than the latter but many folks say Rodeway is fine for a day room. Just do a search on this forum for day rooms.

Added: absolutely agree with BlueHerons' assessment of Publix fried chicken - we had some yesterday! I have to work hard to limit us to eating it only once a month.

Edited by capriccio

According to the Carnival link Luggage Express can accept for flights to Canada except from Seattle. As long as it's on one of the listed airlines. If they are eligible they will get information in their cabin during the cruise.

Even with Express, car rental isn't a bad thought.

There is luggage storage at the airport. Go there and take care of luggage and then hop on the Sun Trolley and see the sites.

To elaborate: luggage storage (I think $7/bag) is in each terminal at bags to go (http://www.bagstogo.net). The Sun Trolley only does the airport link on the weekends (http://www.suntrolley.com/airport-link/). It will take you to Las Olas Blvd where you can switch to other routes (or just walk the boulevard).

We are in the same position and are planning on checking out the Sun Trolley. We were going to do the luggage express and then check our carry ons at the bags-to-go. I'd report back how it went but it looks like we will be getting off the Glory as you are getting on. Have a great cruise!

To elaborate: luggage storage (I think $7/bag) is in each terminal at bags to go (http://www.bagstogo.net). The Sun Trolley only does the airport link on the weekends (http://www.suntrolley.com/airport-link/). It will take you to Las Olas Blvd where you can switch to other routes (or just walk the boulevard).

I think this is exactly what we are going to do. Thank you very much for the links!

We are in the same position and are planning on checking out the Sun Trolley. We were going to do the luggage express and then check our carry ons at the bags-to-go. I'd report back how it went but it looks like we will be getting off the Glory as you are getting on. Have a great cruise!

Hope you have a blast as well!!

I think this is exactly what we are going to do. Thank you very much for the links!

The Sun Trolley is a poor option for you because it stops running on the weekend to and from the airport by 4PM. The schedule isn't conducive for doing anything anywhere in Fort Lauderdale.

You'd be better off getting on hotwire and renting an economy car for under $20 than checking three bags at luggage to go for $21.

You are stepping over dollars to save pennies.