Carnival Breeze Docking in Falmouth ???

paradisepirate

I've only seen Carnival diverting to Ocho Rios & Montego Bay. On the Breeze Jan 10 2016. Will the Falmouth port be used or diverted?

The only times I've seen ships diverted to different ports was because of weather or medical emergencies. What is her original port that makes you question whether or not Breeze will be diverted? Perhaps I don't understand your question.

I was told that carnival will no longer be docking at Falmouth during my last time on the breeze.

I am interest here. But I thought Falmouth was a newer port (facilities-wise) and would find it odd for them to stop going there. I believe RCL stops there as well.

- JPO

I just checked our February Breeze itinerary. It still shows Falmouth as our first port.

What is going on that makes you think ships are not docking there?

I have read many member reviews and Falmouth was changed to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay when the ship departed port. Perhaps it was because the new dock was not ready - that raises the question. Most good attractions are in Ocho Rios area. Falmouth is 45 minutes to an hour away. Montego Bay would be close to 1 1/2 to 2 hours and would severely limit choices.I have been to Ocho several times and wont mind but I have family going on first cruise. I see little of interest in the immediate Falmouth area, will probable return to ship after a short visit to compound area.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

I've only seen Carnival diverting to Ocho Rios & Montego Bay. On the Breeze Jan 10 2016. Will the Falmouth port be used or diverted?

I just called Carnival and the claim to not know what I am talking about. They said if for some reason the itinerary changed not related to weather we would be notified in advance

I was told that carnival will no longer be docking at Falmouth during my last time on the breeze.

Hi Nurse 3D :)

My wife & I were told the same thing during our B2B voyage aboard the Breeze in May 2015 in regards to docking at Royal Caribbean's cruise terminal in Falmouth. They stated there was no time table to discontinue docking there, but the discontinuation process was being considered by Carnival.

The distance between Falmouth & Montego Bay is 36 miles.

The distance between Falmouth & Ocho Rios is 42 miles.

:)

falmouth to montego bay is 32 km, which is 20 miles.

ochi is 44 miles.

edit: when planning on driving though, don't pretend like those are american miles. my commute is 8 miles and it can take up to an hour in Kingston.

Edited by Quackattackaggie

Hi Nurse 3D :)

My wife & I were told the same thing during our B2B voyage aboard the Breeze in May 2015 in regards to docking at Royal Caribbean's cruise terminal in Falmouth. They stated there was no time table to discontinue docking there, but the discontinuation process was being considered by Carnival.

Maybe they meant it would be discontinued in the next schedule comes out.

They currently have multiple ships calling on Falmouth all the way up to February 2017

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/cruise-search/?ptPort=FJM

We're on the Breeze next week & most of the cruises before ours had the itinerary changed from Falmouth, except ours & the week before.

I checked with the private tour I booked with & he said he'll meet us at wherever the Breeze docks. At this point--it's still Falmouth.

I'll report back when we get home how Falmouth is.

We're on the Breeze next week & most of the cruises before ours had the itinerary changed from Falmouth, except ours & the week before.

I checked with the private tour I booked with & he said he'll meet us at wherever the Breeze docks. At this point--it's still Falmouth.

I'll report back when we get home how Falmouth is.

Where the cruises before yours notified in advance or after your ship sailed.

We were thinking about doing a private AI on our march Breeze cruise

Falmouth's secured port is very nice. We stopped there on a Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas trip on RCCL. The secured area has lots of shops, entertainers, and a Margaritaville. However, when you go past the secured area you will run into the usual amount of hagglers and folks wanting to take you places and buy their stuff. The little town outside of the gates is run down and has nothing to see. Most people take shore excursions that take you to other parts of the island. This was a major issue with the locals as not much $$ actually gets spent in Falmouth by cruisers.

I'm not sure why Carnival would divert from using this port. Yes, farther away from the big attractions in Jamaica, but much nicer than any of the other ones.

When I was in Ocho Rios in April I heard from locals that Carnival operates that port and is going forward with an improvement/expansion plan. If true then I would think that eventually they would divert all of their ships there to capitalize on the shared revenue. Not sure if that's the case with the Breeze, but I can only imagine what that port would look like if they gave it the Amber Cove makeover.

Falmouth's secured port is very nice. We stopped there on a Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas trip on RCCL. The secured area has lots of shops, entertainers, and a Margaritaville. However, when you go past the secured area you will run into the usual amount of hagglers and folks wanting to take you places and buy their stuff. The little town outside of the gates is run down and has nothing to see. Most people take shore excursions that take you to other parts of the island. This was a major issue with the locals as not much $$ actually gets spent in Falmouth by cruisers.

I'm not sure why Carnival would divert from using this port. Yes, farther away from the big attractions in Jamaica, but much nicer than any of the other ones.

We've docked at Falmouth on a RCCL cruise and totally agree with your observations of the port. There's no way we'd have ventured alone into the town outside of the security fences. You can clearly see the slums from the docked ship.

We did go on a ship excursion to Montego Bay. We saw and learned a lot about Jamaica from the guide. It stopped on The Hip Strip ( Gloucester Avenue Montego Bay) for an hour or so. The tour guides and bus drivers sort of kept watch to see tourists weren't' being pestered by street people, hookers or "ganga sellers". We bought a couple of souviner t-shirts then spent the rest of the time at Margaritaville. We did have a good time but were careful.

Edited by summersigh

I just checked our February Breeze itinerary. It still shows Falmouth as our first port.

What is going on that makes you think ships are not docking there?

When are you going in February? We are going in the 7th! I want to find others on our same cruise, but for some reason I don't have the option to post. Any idea?