bedding on Princess - no sheets, just a comforter?

kac0426

Question for all of you who sleep without a top sheet. Where do you buy your linens at home without the top sheet already packaged with the bottom?............................................SNIP

Even Wal Mart sells top and bottom sheet separately. Almost any store that sells linen will offer sets and individual sheets.:)

All the more reason to want that additional sheet between you and the previously used duvet.

For those of you who use only the duvet and duvet cover at home is totally understandable if that is what you prefer but if the duvets on the ship are NOT changed out with each passenger/cabin change, why would you be OK with that? If sanmarcosman is wrong with his statement, then all I can say is "to each his own."

and Good Night John Boy

Are the pillows changed between guests? No, but the pillowcases are.

The exact same principle applies to the duvet. Duvet not changed, but the cover is :)

Think of the duvet as a large, thin pillow :D

Are the pillows changed between guests? No, but the pillowcases are.

The exact same principle applies to the duvet. Duvet not changed, but the cover is :)

Think of the duvet as a large, thin pillow :D

Well, you almost had me there but I always carry a special pillow that supports my neck. I use them at home, as well. Not wanting to get into details but there are parts and items of the lower body that I would prefer to not be in contact with.

I admit there are some things that some of us might overthink. I really had thought (hoped) that all blankets and duvets were cleaned between passengers and cruises.

And thanks to the other two who offered where sheets can be found that are not already a set. My very elderly mother-in-law once asked for a queen top sheet for her double bed because she likes the larger sheet to cover the bed completely. Now it's good to know where I can find the mix-match sizing options.

SNIP..........................................................

And thanks to the other two who offered where sheets can be found that are not already a set. My very elderly mother-in-law once asked for a queen top sheet for her double bed because she likes the larger sheet to cover the bed completely. Now it's good to know where I can find the mix-match sizing options.

I always buy a queen flat sheet and a double sized fitted bottom sheet. It makes the bed feel nicer. :)

While we're used to sheet and blankie at home, the Hubs and I slept just fine with the duvet on our recent Island cruise. More than fine. We barely wanted to get up to eat on our sea days.

IIRC, Carnival (and maybe NCL?) also had duvets when last we sailed on them.

Last few Carnival cruises (Miracle and Inspiration) we've had a duvet and a flat sheet.

Can't sleep with a top sheet and never do at home and where possible when traveling. I get all twisted up in them and they mostly wind up as an uncomfortable bunch of stuff in the bed. Prefer the duvet. Each to their own comfort.

I like cruising HAL but they still used the sheet and blanket combo last time I did, and I hated it. Every morning I awoke feeling strangled by the sheet and blanket. I loved the Princess duvet system so much that now we use it at home, too, untucked at the foot of the bed. I know the duvet cover is changed between cruises and consider the duvet a lot less egregious than the shower curtain, which is not.

In Europe the bed has two covered duvets so each person has their own cover. My DH loves it, me, not. It's OK on my lower half, but too hot around my shoulders. I pack a thin travel blanket in case I can't get housekeeping to bring me a top sheet. From a practical standpoint, I can't imagine taking the covers off two duvets and recovering them every week. Top sheet and comforter much easier!

You all aren't imagining that the blankets (in hotels and cruise lines that still use them) get washed after every guest, are you? Because most aren't.

They'd never withstand that kind of cleaning schedule, which is why many are changing to the more sanitary duvet covers.

Personally, I'd rather have a duvet cover that IS washed between guests.