Star - OCT 31, 2016 cruise disappeared?

ATL123456

Hi, looking at NCL website, it appears the October 31 Istanbul to Dubai cruise is no longer there. In fact, I do not see anything for the Star from docking in Barcelona on OCT 12 to leaving Dubai on NOV 20. Any ideas? Website glitch? Going into dry dock? Middle East too risky for cruises?

- Thanks!

Hi, looking at NCL website, it appears the October 31 Istanbul to Dubai cruise is no longer there. In fact, I do not see anything for the Star from docking in Barcelona on OCT 12 to leaving Dubai on NOV 20. Any ideas? Website glitch? Going into dry dock? Middle East too risky for cruises?

- Thanks!

I so so so wanted to do that cruise. But my husband is of the opinion that

that is exactly what will happen to the ship in that part of the world...it will just disappear :eek:

- Thanks!

Possibly a long dry dock, or it has been chartered, or there are changes being made to the database and it will return.

So, got an email today the cruise will now be 21 nights instead of 20, start on October 30th instead of 31st and will depart from Rome instead of Istanbul.

First part of itinerary is new with stops in Naples, Sicily, Olympia, Athens and Cyprus (instead of just Kusadasi and Rhodes) before reaching an overnight in Isreal. After that, the only change is they removed the port of Sharm El Sheihk in Egypt. A net gain of two ports.

Now has a total of 6 sea days instead of 7.

Letter says we are protected at same price and cabin. Or can move to any other published cruise. Offering $300pp change fee for air (which I have not booked yet).

I'm a happy camper. To me this is a better itinerary with more to see and still plent of time to relax. Will be interesting to see how they price it when it goes back up for sale.

I'm a happy camper. To me this is a better itinerary with more to see and still plent of time to relax. Will be interesting to see how they price it when it goes back up for sale.

So are we. :D Also interested to see the price.

Mike & Pauline

Both Kiwi Poms