Kenai Fjords National Park Tour

biojeep

I would like to know if it is necessary to make reservations for the Kenai Fjords Tour. I was thinking that we could wait & see the weather conditions the day of the tour before we booked. My wife has a tendency to get sea sick. Is this too risky? We will be in Seward on June 1 & 2.

Waiting is a waste of time. You can NOT tell what the sea conditions are from Seward. Vital- thinking is to take precautions. Consult a heath care profession for the best advice. (not from a message board). Try out the orders- with a car, on a curvy road, reading in the back seat. :) Should be a good indicator of effectiveness. :)

Another feature you may not be considering is several different routes, which I am picky about. :) You may be able to get walk up space- but if a cruise ship day- I've seen sell outs.

I would like to know if it is necessary to make reservations for the Kenai Fjords Tour. I was thinking that we could wait & see the weather conditions the day of the tour before we booked. My wife has a tendency to get sea sick. Is this too risky? We will be in Seward on June 1 & 2.

Getting on one of the tours at the last minute is not likely to be an issue, but you are not going to be able to tell sea conditions by looking at the water from ashore. You aren't going to know until you get out toward the end of the bay. The best thing to do is take normal precautions against sea sickness, and go have a good time.

We are considering one of the Kenai Fjord tours as well. Any recommendations?

At least 6 hours on the water. :)

I really think Major Marine has an excellent itinerary on their longer tour, including both Aialik and Holgate Glaciers. :)

I understand that these tours are out of Seward. Do they run shuttles to the Princess Lodge in Kenai?

Yes, Princess will book these tours for you, OR, you can just take their shuttle to Seward, (fee) and have a booking independent. You would need to verify their shuttle hours, when the lodge opens in May. Or see if the information is available from last year, or on their website?

Allow 2 hours for the round trip transit.

Edited by Budget Queen

Thanks everybody for the information. We had wanted to take the Princess excursion but it is sold out and we are on a wait list. Hopefully, it will work out as this is one of the bucket list items for this trip.

Thanks everybody for the information. We had wanted to take the Princess excursion but it is sold out and we are on a wait list. Hopefully, it will work out as this is one of the bucket list items for this trip.

Princess contracts with Kenai Fjords tour. As I suggested, don't bother with any "wait list". You can book the tour directly, or go with the other company.