The almost-impossible to book cabin is now available! (for a short time)

Spaniel Lover

Well if this is an accurate picture of how it will look, *I* can tell you it's not private! LOL

Even if there is nobody walking around on that deck, those patios aren't even close to "private". I'm not saying they won't be popular and that passengers won't enjoy them... just saying if this picture is accurate, they are NOT private.

It's an artist rendering. Not an actual pic. And I have seen it many times thank you. I also didn't disagree with you or anyone else. I simply said nobody can declare for sure. They can easily make those walls solid on the sides of the cabana. Maybe there will be a pull down shade, etc. Who knows. Yes they will be popular short term, but unless they create more privacy than this graphic displays, they will lose popularity. Which is why I said Carnival must have thought this through. And if they didn't, now is a good time to start. lol.

I think it takes a special kind of passenger to book the Havana balcony cabins and suites... someone not concerned about having privacy on their balcony... someone interested in being social and creating a community of Havana cabin people. It's for someone that wants to chat with their neighbors, and someone that is willing to be friendly with the people who walk by. If you want privacy, you go inside your cabin and close the curtains. But once you're outside, you get to know the other folks in the 60 cabins that make up the Havana community.

Some people will hate that idea... and for those folks, there are plenty of regular balcony cabins that offer privacy on their balconies. I think those that book a Havana balcony are going to (have to) be a little more friendly and willing to engage with the people that pass by.

I think it takes a special kind of passenger to book the Havana balcony cabins and suites... someone not concerned about having privacy on their balcony... someone interested in being social and creating a community of Havana cabin people. It's for someone that wants to chat with their neighbors, and someone that is willing to be friendly with the people who walk by. If you want privacy, you go inside your cabin and close the curtains. But once you're outside, you get to know the other folks in the 60 cabins that make up the Havana community.

Some people will hate that idea... and for those folks, there are plenty of regular balcony cabins that offer privacy on their balconies. I think those that book a Havana balcony are going to (have to) be a little more friendly and willing to engage with the people that pass by.

Maybe some type of netted curtain can be hung and drawn across the fence portion of the canana. That way passengers may feel the breeze & see the sea but get the message across that they don't want to be disturbed.

These cabanas seem nice. Anywhere things are nice, they are in demand. And in demand locations always involve people with money. Which means a good chance some very pretty women will be around. Which, in turn, means creepy men who will pass by innumerable times to get a look and hope to score some attention. Yep. Hopefully some type of netting will be installed that passengers may see out of but people on the outside cannot see in to.

Well said. We have 3 of them side by side...that will be fun for our group but of course there will still be others around! If there had been a way for me to get more of them I swear I could have eventually sold them to people we knew and had a whole side of the ship! LOL. But, alas, it was hard enough to convince enough of our group to book 18 months out.

I just don't want people coming onto my patio when we aren't there.

Well said. We have 3 of them side by side...that will be fun for our group but of course there will still be others around! If there had been a way for me to get more of them I swear I could have eventually sold them to people we knew and had a whole side of the ship! LOL. But, alas, it was hard enough to convince enough of our group to book 18 months out.

I just don't want people coming onto my patio when we aren't there.

I think it will work out just fine. I'm not really hung up on needing total privacy if I booked one of the havana cabanas. It would be nice just to keep the sides private for the mornings to enjoy coffee with your spouse or whatever and I think they will likely provide something. But overall the concept is great and I do not think there will be an issue for those booking these. Like I said, I'm guessing Carnival has already thought this through.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

How much do these suites run? I haven't seen them on the site. They look amazing.

Most people don't see them as an option when they book a cruise because they are booking a cruise with a sail date before June 2017. Almost all the Havana cabins are sold out for the cruises prior to June 2017. So, they don't even show up as an option when you go to book a cruise unless you are looking at a cruise in June 2017 or beyond.

Regarding the pricing...

I did a mock booking on the September 9th, 2017, sailing of an 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruise and jotted down the prices for you. These prices are the total cruise cost for two people sharing a cabin, including all taxes. In other words, these are not per-person prices... these are the real prices for a couple.

For an interior cabin (no windows, no balcony) that is within the Havana complex, which gives you access to the Havana pool and Jacuzzi area, the price is $1690. ($211 per day)

For a balcony cabin withing the Havana complex, the price is $2510. ($314 per day)

For a Havana Suite... the one with the separate living room and bedroom areas, and the hammock on the balcony... the price is $3360. ($420 per day)

By the way, for those who object to the idea of having people walking by their balcony patio... there IS another option that still is considered part of the Havana complex and gives you full access to the pool and Jacuzzis. That's an aft-facing extended-balcony Havana cabin on deck 6 or deck 7... overlooking the pool and Jacuzzis. It's a normal aft-facing balcony with no public access, so none of the security or privacy issues that people have been worried about. That will cost you $2560. ($320 per day)

I hope that's helpful!

Nobody knows yet how private it will or won't be. I'm anxious to see when the ship begins to sail. Carnival must of thought this through. I don't know that they will be any less private than the balconies on deck 6 of the Dream class. At least these can potentially be blocked off from any walking traffic. 5 months and we'll know.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Even if the general public can't walk past the patios before 1700, the area will be open to the Havana passengers so you have the chance of someone walking by 24/7.

Not in the cards for us for a while as we have a 5 year old, but they sure look cool :)

Great thread Spaniel. I'm not in the market for one of these suites, but I would love some data on how fast they sell for the dates that opened up yesterday!

Havana looks to be a great area. I just hope people keep in mind that kids ages 12 and over can stay in those cabins. So it won't exactly be a Serenity area in that sense. But the limited guests up until 5pm each day is sure to be a good thing.

I love the idea of cabins on the Promenade deck. It was so nice staying back there on the Sunshine. Congrats to those who got one of these!!

I could not agree more with your post. The Havana area will be a fantastic social gathering place. Definitely not for those folks seeking privacy.

We had a Havanna cabana booked on one of the first sailings. I was trying to adjust thing for another cruise on the Carnival website and somehow I managed to lose my hc in the process- along with $500 of my deposit. I was heartbroken... I seriously cried. Fast forward a few weeks and my deck 4 aft wrap on a Legend Alaska cruise miraculously opens up. My tears are dried and I am elated to be heading North this time around. But I can't wait to hear more about the Havanna cabanas!

I wish we knew their size. Do I have the deposit requirement correct? Even if the cruise date is 2 years out you have to deposit 50%. Is it also non-refundable?

I'm thinking somewhere in the 160sf area. My deposit was $300 per person because it's an 8 night cruise. $250 for a 7 night and other levels depending on number of nights. As to whether the deposit is refundable depends on how you book (ES or not).

I booked a Havana Cabana Suite nearly a year ago for the December 17, 2016, sailing. I paid approximately $1600 pp for a 7 day cruise. My deposit was $500, none refundable.

I am excited to try this area out, and can't wait for the first photos and reviews to start coming in.

I'm thinking somewhere in the 160sf area. My deposit was $300 per person because it's an 8 night cruise. $250 for a 7 night and other levels depending on number of nights. As to whether the deposit is refundable depends on how you book (ES or not).

There was a deposit sale last week as I only had to put down $125 pp on my 8 night that is June 3, 2017

• 2 weeks later...

I am BOOKED on a b2b for a Havana cabana room leaving on the repro cruise out of ny and the 1st cruise out of Miami. I an in the same cabin for both cruises last one near the pool 5239. I am so excited l booked as soon as the cabins were released about half a year ago. Book early and you have time to save for it.:)

I am BOOKED on a b2b for a Havana cabana room leaving on the repro cruise out of ny and the 1st cruise out of Miami. I an in the same cabin for both cruises last one near the pool 5239. I am so excited l booked as soon as the cabins were released about half a year ago. Book early and you have time to save for it.:)

This is a great itinerary and congrats on the cabin!

Does anyone know how large the patio is; in comparison with a regular balcony? They look huge! What about that white area on the deck plan between room and patio? Is that the sliding glass door? Do we know for sure they are sliding glass doors?

Does anyone know how large the patio is; in comparison with a regular balcony? They look huge! What about that white area on the deck plan between room and patio? Is that the sliding glass door? Do we know for sure they are sliding glass doors?

Ship still doesn't sail for another 5 months or so. We'll find out more definitive answers after the maiden voyage.

Edited by Who Cares?

• 4 weeks later...

DW and I just got a great deal on the Sept 23 17 cruise. We booked a Havana Cabana extended balcony on deck 7 for a $50 pp deposit and a $175 OBC. We are so looking forward to being on the Vista and with this being a southern Caribbean cruise, new and exciting locations:-)

Edited by Ship2Shore41
wrong date posted.