Dickenson Bay Beach

Karencruiser43

We were there in Sept. 2004. It is a very nice beach for walking, broad and flat. You can rent chairs and there is a little natural shade. It was not crowded when we were ther. However, I wasn't happy to see trash strewn along the sand dunes behind our chairs. The water was calm, very little wave action. There were some water toys to rent there, but not sure what as we didn't use any. The Sandals Resort is also on this beach, further down than where we camped out. Of course you can get food and beer. It's about a 10 minute taxi ride from the port. Taxis will be available when you leave also.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: Look at the top of the page.....Click on Destinations. Then click on Southern Caribbean. A list will come up at right hand side. Click on the island you are looking for information on.

Scroll all the way to the bottom..... there is always a web link to the official tourist site for that island. Click on that.

Most will have a map available of their island. Click on that.

You can see the whole island and where everything is in relation to ships dock area.... where all the beaches etc. are. and most tourist places are shown too. Sometimes it is hard to print as it will not fit on one page but it has helped me plan just seeing it on the screen. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We were there last week and I was extremely disappointed. It's a nice beach, but very crowded. There was only 1 ship in port and I can't image how it would be with more than 1. Every timed I looked up there was someone trying to sell me beads, baskets and other stuff. I had no peace the entire time I was there. Chairs were $5 each and a single hot dog w/a spoon of pasta ran me $8. After we were stung by jellyfish a peddler offered to put aloe vera on it, but wanted a tip. The bright side was the bar. It was reasonable the the bartender was really nice and down to earth. If you do decide to go, walk past the first stand and go to the right a little. It's less crowded there.

• 1 month later...

Archived