Divina to Bermuda one off itinerary questions

LMaxwell

I am looking at the Divina to Bermuda round trip from Miami for April 2016. I know this is a unique itinerary but I think they ran it 1 or 2 years past.

What do you think of the Bermuda port time? 8pm Monday until 1pm Wednesday. Do you have to be back onboard 2 hours before departure in Bermuda?? That means 11am Wednesday and I can't imagine doing or seeing much by then.

2nd week of April is about as early as the "season" starts. Not sure of ferry to St.George will be in operation yet.

And what's with Nassau on the last day? I wish they'd ditch Nassau and stay in Bermuda until Wednesday evening. Then you have 2 full days to tour at least.

I'm just don't understand the itinerary selection.

The price is phenomenal and for us in Florida no airfare is major too. But will I regret having 1 full day and 1 morning in Bermuda versus the full 2 to 3 days other lines offer albeit at significant added expense both in cruise cost and personal travel expenses.

Opinions welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, this was a deal killer. If you want to experience Bermuda, fly there. As cruise ships don't always get to their destination (weather, emergency etc.), I couldn't chance sailing on a 7 night cruise, knowing it was possible (read on CC) that our port might be stateside (Charleston, NY, Canada..) because of unforeseen circumstances.

Usually when we cruise, if we end up in a different port in the Caribbean, it's not the end of the world, but I'd be upset if that happened with a Bermuda destination, and when I realized it was really only a day and a half there, rather than 3 full days, I cancelled the whole thing - we'll fly instead!

I've really debated it heavily; but our family of 3 can take Divina, all in, with Fantastica and black card perks for under $1400. So while I would prefer 2 full days in port, or more, taking Divina totally eliminates airfare and the cruise itself comes out to less than half of any other ship departing any other port. I will sacrifice the port time for the savings. Flying to BDA and staying there would cost magnitudes more; out of our range unfortunately.

The addition of Nassau to this itinerary is inexplicable and sad. Nassau should be dropped and that time used for a full second day in BDA.