Taxi out of Galveston to IAH?

bhpeters

Having no idea when the ship will actually dock, and hearing how chaotic disembarking is at Galvestion (Liberty of the Seas), is it ok to just flag down a taxi and take that back to IAH? Are there a lot of taxis available or will we be left stuck at the port?

Flight out of IAH not until 2:30pm.

I've never seen anything about an RCCL bus to airport, how do we arrange that? just call RCCL?

who do you use for a towncar service? galveston express is already booked except for the 6am time, which we have no prayer of making. :)

Edited by bhpeters

Call RCCL but I know they have bus to both airports, we use execucar for town car. You also should be able to book bus on ship but this sometimes sells out so I would try to do it before or early in cruise, also could use Uber. We are on same ship in April.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. here are my options so far.

1. Take Royal Shuttle. But I'm reading stories of sitting on a giant bus for 1 1/2 hrs waiting for it to fill. One person in our party is leery of being stuck on the bus that long (too many people in tight spaces). And cost is $47/pp (4 of us)

2. Take galvestonlimo.com But if ship comes in late or we somehow miss our 9:30 shuttle time there's no refund. Price is better, but not if we miss it and pay twice for something else. Waiting for next slot not possible, would be at airport too close to flight departure. We are returning to port 2/21/16, so fog may be an issue.

3. Taxi. More expensive than shuttles and I can't get a beed on whether they are always available. There are 4 of us plus luggage, so a small car isn't going to cut it. In your experience will there be enough van type taxi's in line if we self disembark around 8 and work our way through customs? Or do people usually reserve a taxi? I like the quickness of the taxi's though.

The fun options are all full. pink taxi, galveston express, both full.

Does anyone have experience with the 3 options above? I really want to use galvestonlimo to save $$, but worried we'll miss our time slot. I hate nonrefundable options.