Anyone on the Star now?

Ron_L

I have a request :D

When we were at the M&G for our Cruise the HD mentioned that if we want any recipe we should just ask at that restaurant and it would be delivered to our cabin.

Well, we asked for the recipe for the green salsa (maybe it is a chimichurri) that is served in Moderno and never received it. My wife wants me to make it for her soon, so if there is anyone on the Star who is will ing to try to get the recipe, that would be great!

Merry Christmas!

i've not had the one on that ship, but we have made this recipe and it was awesome. made enough that i shared wiht 2 coworkers as well.

Francis Mallmann’s Chimichurri

1 cup water

1 tbs. coarse salt

1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled

1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves

1 cup fresh oregano leaves

2 tsp. crushed red- pepper flakes

1/4 cup red-wine vinegar

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the salt, and stir until it dissolves. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Mince the garlic very finely, and put in a medium bowl. (1) Mince the parsley and oregano, and add to the garlic, along with the red-pepper flakes. (2) Whisk in the red-wine vinegar, then the olive oil. Whisk in the salted water. (3) Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and keep in the refrigerator. Let the flavors mingle for at least a day, and serve with grilled meats. The sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 weeks (adapted from Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way, by Francis Mallmann with Peter Kaminsky; Artisan, 2009).

http://nymag.com/restaurants/recipes/inseason/58057/

Mea culpa ... very new at posting ... just trying to help ... not hijack. Will be more careful next time to follow protocol. :o

Good luck with getting the recipe.

No worries! You were just answering a question.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks... She wants the specific one on the ship. I tried Google and a bunch of alternatives before posting.

Most recipes from ships serve about 500 people or more and are a challenge to convert but I hope you do get your recipe.