Just debarked Magic today - staggered check-in

clhayes

Pretty good experience. Only difference with the new process is as Plat & Diamond you get your S&S card at the checkin counter, not in the lounge as before. You are directed to lounge after, unless boarding has already begun. Have a great cruise on Magic!!

OK, I'm seeing a potential problem here based on passed experiences. Here are my questions:

Did you have a separate entrance into the terminal as before?

Did you bypass the longer line for security and walk around the perimeter on the right?

If these are No answers then what's the value of 25 cruises for us or others that bought FTTF? All I can see is being slotted in the 10:30am - 11:00am boarding slot. Our friends traveling with us in a few days got the same slot and this is their first cruise, they got it without FTTF either.

I'm not royalty, a snob or any other descriptive, just asking what the differences are here in Galveston now. Reality is we are all going to get aboard sometime before the ship sails. We've just enjoyed arriving at leisure and being aboard in 30 min or less regardless of what time we arrived.

I'll come back and report after our cruise in a few days.

Edited by BallFour4

cbCRR I signed in her account there is nothing that says choose time, I assume its because Pt. Canaveral doesn't have it yet?

Started only in Texas first and by Jan in New Orleans before they will roll out to other ports. For the Triumph in New Orleans, that starts April.

they are trying to make it not so crazy inside the terminal and have check in go more smoothly. I will see in April! :D

OK, I'm seeing a potential problem here based on passed experiences. Here are my questions:

Did you bypass the longer line for security and walk around the perimeter on the right?

Yes & Yes - at Galveston.

Yes and yes-we got off Magic last week.

Our check in time was 10am though they said to come whenever. Due to a rainstorm we arrived around 10:45. Took about 15 minutes to get from the car, get all paperwork turned in and were sitting in the lounge.

Took another hour or so before they began boarding.

The Dia/Plat Party was a blast! No more than 80 people, maybe less. Contests, gifts, and the drinks were flow'in. It was our first with a smaller crowd. The Dia couple (two guys) with the most days at sea 298.

We've cruised twice since the new party guidelines went into place. We are amateur drinkers and after two rum punches mixed super strong or whatever they were serving I was under the influence... It's been since college days since I felt that.

The party was virtually the same, but just not a shouting match between 250 people and bar staff.

Two more booked in the next 30 days!

Edited by BallFour4

We've cruised twice since the new party guidelines went into place. We are amateur drinkers and after two rum punches mixed super strong or whatever they were serving I was under the influence... It's been since college days since I felt that.

The party was virtually the same, but just not a shouting match between 250 people and bar staff.

Two more booked in the next 30 days!

LOL. Yes, reminded me of my college days too. Walked to dinner a slower that evening. Enjoy your next two cruises!!