Shipboard Credit: Use or Lose?

wdowns9

We are receiving shipbord credit because our cruise was cancelled due to the Holiday being removed from service. My wife and I will be sailing on the Fantasy on 11/27/05. I take it the the credit will appear on our S & S but if there is a remaining balace will it be refunded or do I have to spend it? We are not drinkers so partying is out of the question and we plan on doing our own excursions. Any advice from those who are in a similar situation would be appreciated as this is our first cruise and hopefully not the last. TIA Rick

When I called Carnival, one of the reps told me not to worry if I didn't spend all of the onboard credit, that Carnival would issue a check for whatever was left on the S&S card. Though since they charge tips to it, you probably won't have to worry about any credits being left on the card. :)

I figured once the tips are taken from the account and what other charges I might have the balance will almost be a wash. If there is any left I'm sure my wife will spend it on something. When I called my PVP she mentioned that it would be credited to my account and to spend it. I do not want to give the $$ back to CCL because I had to pay more for this cruise and had to drive 900 miles RT to the port. I would of rather driven the 60 miles to Mobile and taken the older "mature" Holiday. Either way I want to try a cruise and go from there.

Thanks to all who contribute as the knowledge gained will make the experience enjoyable.

I actually think it's use it or lose it. Mine was with a different line, but that was the case.

Sorry, but I think that is incorrect. We have received onboard shareholder credit which we did not use. It was refunded in cash at the Purser's Desk at the end of the cruise.

the share holder credit and an onboard credit are two different things. with tips being charged to your S&S account and any other thing your may purchase its doubtful that there will be anything left to worry about. just make sure you DO spend it and enjoy it. the gift horse thing right ? happy sailing and enjoy

When I called Carnival, one of the reps told me not to worry if I didn't spend all of the onboard credit, that Carnival would issue a check for whatever was left on the S&S card. Though since they charge tips to it, you probably won't have to worry about any credits being left on the card. :)

Last year when I received onboard credit due to hurricanes, one day shorter and two lost ports, I got a check back for the balance. It is up to Carnival! I was told that the norm was use or lose. As it was due to the wether conditions. I was refunded.

Hope this helps.

I am also in a similar situation with the Holiday and will be sailing on the Celebration. When asked, my PVP said we would receive a refund. He also said that the shipboard credit was per person, so I'm a happy camper. I have my DH and three kids in my room. He confirmed-$500. I prepaid my gratuities, so we're planning on having a great time with $$ back.

I am also in a similar situation with the Holiday and will be sailing on the Celebration. When asked, my PVP said we would receive a refund. He also said that the shipboard credit was per person, so I'm a happy camper. I have my DH and three kids in my room. He confirmed-$500. I prepaid my gratuities, so we're planning on having a great time with $$ back.

I am in the same boat, we are supposed to get $100 pp onboard credit 4 of us.So I had planned to use $200 to cover the tips and spend the rest.We got our Docs yesterday and it didn't show the $$Credit.Our TA gave us a paper showing where we had re-booked and should recieve the $100 pp.Hope it works, because we already lost out on the early discount we recieved had to pay another $196.00 to drive farther for the Celebration.But I really wanted to go on a cruise after getting all excited and reading everyones reviews and tips.

Archived