Question about MDR- Allure

Hi All:)

I will be on the Allure in March 2016 with my 2 boys ages 6 & 8.

When I cruise alone with my boys, I don't generally eat in the MDR.

If we skip the MDR will my boys be missing out on anything entertaining? Do they do anything special during meals?

I'm used to Disney cruises, and all the "fun things" they do during meals. I wasn't sure if the Allure offered anything similar. If not, I'm totally fine with that and won't feel bad for missing the meals in the MDR other then the food of course!

Thank-you:)

Just off Allure yesterday. Nothing too special as far as events during dining. On one of the nights the management introduced the head cheif and another night they introduced the team of lead cooks. I doubt your young one would be too impressed.

Just off Allure yesterday. Nothing too special as far as events during dining. On one of the nights the management introduced the head cheif and another night they introduced the team of lead cooks. I doubt your young one would be too impressed.

Great, thank you!!!

One more question since you just got off the ship. Did they have a sail away party? I've read they have one at the Aquqtheatre and then I've read they do it on the pool deck as well or something similar. Can you shed any light on this by chance?

My kids love to dance during the Sail Away Party and I'm concerned they can't participate if it's all done on the stage at the Aquatheatre.

Thanks!

Sometimes your waitstaff like to have fun with the kids (i.e. jokes/tricks), but you can't bank on that happening, as many servers don't do things like that.

Thank you! Yes, it is nice when they do that. My kids always love the interactions. When I cruise alone though, I prefer to skip the MDR's and just go with the flow, and no time watching. Plus, I feel uncomfortable sitting at a table with people I don't know when it's just the boys and I.

My boys love love buffets, so I know they will be good!

Great, thank you!!!

One more question since you just got off the ship. Did they have a sail away party? I've read they have one at the Aquqtheatre and then I've read they do it on the pool deck as well or something similar. Can you shed any light on this by chance?

My kids love to dance during the Sail Away Party and I'm concerned they can't participate if it's all done on the stage at the Aquatheatre.

Thanks!

We are on Allure right now. The Sail Away Party was a lot of fun. They had Characters from Madagascar and Shrek and there was singing and dancing at the back of the ship on the Boardwalk. We brought bubbles to blow as we sailed away.

We are on Allure right now. The Sail Away Party was a lot of fun. They had Characters from Madagascar and Shrek and there was singing and dancing at the back of the ship on the Boardwalk. We brought bubbles to blow as we sailed away.

Sounds like fun! As long as the kids can dance, they will be happy:)

Thank-you!

Hi All:)

I will be on the Allure in March 2016 with my 2 boys ages 6 & 8.

When I cruise alone with my boys, I don't generally eat in the MDR.

If we skip the MDR will my boys be missing out on anything entertaining? Do they do anything special during meals?

I'm used to Disney cruises, and all the "fun things" they do during meals. I wasn't sure if the Allure offered anything similar. If not, I'm totally fine with that and won't feel bad for missing the meals in the MDR other then the food of course!

Thank-you:)

No they will be missing nothing.

Just remember that you could also sign them up for "family dining"?. They stay with you and eat a rushed meal(the way they like it) then they can get picked up at 6:30 from deck three outside the MDR and go to Adventure Ocean-you get to have a peacful meal. sign them up at Adventure Ocean-they get a taste of the MDR

But then you would be alone or with strangers so it might not work

They are missing the experience of adult eating in a grown up restaurant. My grandsons, ages 6 & 8, discovered they love shrimp cocktail, salmon and cold soups. They went back to kids again when they had ice cream with a cookie for dessert.