WORST. CABIN. LOCATION. EVER. (Star -deck 8 - aft)

Robin122

This is why you ALWAYS check the deck plan before picking a cabin or an upgrade. Sorry for your discomfort, but in all reality had you simply checked he deck plan you would have known the location of your potential new cabin and you could have turned it down.

This is why you ALWAYS check the deck plan before picking a cabin or an upgrade. Sorry for your discomfort, but in all reality had you simply checked he deck plan you would have known the location of your potential new cabin and you could have turned it down.

Gee...thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I covered that already in this post, but just for you, I will repeat... I always research my cabin location, but this was the first time I got an upgrade offer and I got caught up in the excitement of the moment and didn't do it this one time. Lesson learned.

I always bring a fan. Even if you don't like the air blowing on you the white noise blocks a lot of ship noise. I can't sleep with out one.

DH has to have a fan to sleep with also, so we had one. Doesn't help with the base shaking the cabin... The sound was even louder when we put our heads on the pillows as it resonated through the bed and right into our heads. I'm so glad they moved us! While moving everything wasn't exactly fun, it was neat experiencing two different locations on one sailing. I would do aft again, just not that deck and I would do forward again too - the balcony was SO amazing!

No one should have to check the deck plans for what is above and below their cabin. There should be no cabin that is so bad that you would not want to stay in it.

Since I'm on CC, I know to do it. However, we are only 1% of the cruising population ...... Ships should be designed better, so that these things are not an issue.

no one should have to check the deck plans for what is above and below their cabin. There should be no cabin that is so bad that you would not want to stay in it.

Since i'm on cc, i know to do it. However, we are only 1% of the cruising population ...... Ships should be designed better, so that these things are not an issue.

amen!!

Cruiselines should make sure that all cabins above or beneath dance venues, pool decks, restaurants, and work areas are well insulated and sound proofed.

Passengers pay thousands of dollars for cruises, and should not have their sleep interrupted by loud bands and other disturbing noise.

cruiselines should make sure that all cabins above or beneath dance venues, pool decks, restaurants, and work areas are well insulated and sound proofed.

Passengers pay thousands of dollars for cruises, and should not have their sleep interrupted by loud bands and other disturbing noise.

so true!!!

Cruiselines should make sure that all cabins above or beneath dance venues, pool decks, restaurants, and work areas are well insulated and sound proofed.

For sure!! We had a cabin on deck 4 of the Dawn once that was right above the laundry area. There was loud hydraulics and thumping off and on 24 hours a day. It woke us up several times each night. We definitely learned our lesson on that one!! It was annoying to me, but I almost wanted to strangle my husband because his reaction to it kept me up 3 times as long as the noise would have :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk