Child Sharing at Steakhouse

cruiser2523

My 9 year old daughter loves to go to the Steakhouse, and we have always paid the fee for her. I think Holland America offered us a discount. But truthfully she eats very little, and at local restaurants we often share a meal. Does anyone know if that is an option in the steakhouse or will they charge $35 for her too. I know a lot of people think children do not belong in the Steakhouse, but she truely enjoys the experience, and is always quiet and well behaved. Thank you.

My 9 year old daughter loves to go to the Steakhouse, and we have always paid the fee for her. I think Holland America offered us a discount. But truthfully she eats very little, and at local restaurants we often share a meal. Does anyone know if that is an option in the steakhouse or will they charge $35 for her too. I know a lot of people think children do not belong in the Steakhouse, but she truely enjoys the experience, and is always quiet and well behaved. Thank you.

Unless she is sitting in your lap and you are feeding her, she is being served and that's what the $35 charge is for..doesn't matter how much or little she eats.

Actually you're paying for the food, not the service. I've been to the steakhouse and didn't order, just enjoyed the company of friends while they ate. And no I wasn't charged, and I did have a bite of my friends dessert... Still no charge.

Actually you're paying for the food, not the service. I've been to the steakhouse and didn't order, just enjoyed the company of friends while they ate. And no I wasn't charged, and I did have a bite of my friends dessert... Still no charge.

There is a huge difference between you stopped by your friends'table and helping yourself and a child attending dinner with their parent and sharing a meal. It is as much work for the wait team to provide all the service so the parent can share and it is to bring another plate.

Funny how you get upset and report a post that only points out accurate, factual information. :rolleyes: