MBNA CC Question

lucia1024

If Gary is correct, then what I am about to say doesn't apply.

We started charging on our cards in September of 2004 and both of us reached the 1000 point level early this year. Two different times for each card I called and asked when we could start charging on our cards again. All four times I was told September 1. This is incorrect. Our charge cycle is from the 8th of the month to the 8th of the next month. Therefore, as it turns out, we weren't allowed to earn points until September 8th.

We both lost points accrued from Sept. 1 to Sept. 8. I spoke with a supervisor and he tried for more than two weeks to appeal to HIS supervisors to no avail. We are not talking major charges (less than $800 on each of our cards) but it all adds up.

My point is: if you have maxed your card for a current year, make sure you wait until your charge cycle dates have passed, as in our case, after Sept. 8. I hope this makes sense.

Kathy

Archived