Waiting for Mtd tables

gooddayz

Hi all. Newbie cruiser here. Our party of 4 signed up for the my time dining. If there is a wait for a table is there a bar nearby where u can sit and have drink, or do u just have to wait at entrance?

Any guess at what a "normal" wait time is?

Thanks again. Only cruised once before on carnival. Had great time. Keep hearing RCCL is much better, fact or fiction?[emoji41]

You will have to wait at entrance to hear when they call you.

No bars in hearing range but you can take a drink with you from any bar and enjoy while waiting.

The longest I have has to wait is 15 minutes.

You can pre book a time through your cruise planner and most times your table will be waiting as you walk up.

Only cruised RCI so i cant give any comparison to Carnival but have done 10 cruises with them so for me they must be doing something right.

Enjoy your cruise

no there is no bar immediate adjacent to the MTD entrance. if you have a reservation you are usually seated immediately. Reservations are NOT required however.

if you do not but are willing to take the first available, which could mean sharing with others, the wait is minimal. a party of four is fairly easy to accommodate

the area is staffed with at least 2 podiums who will seat you. sometimes one side is for reservations only, other times they each will take you with or without one.

we do vastly prefer Royal over Carnival but quite honestly they are more alike than not.

Last RC cruise we had MTD and asked for a table for 2. We had no reservation - wanted to be able to go when we were ready. This is a problem for RC. So this coming cruise - we will make a reservation for MTD for the time we are on.

Carnival had no trouble seating us for their Anytime dining - no reservations or anything required. In our opinion they had a much better system.

We love cruising with Carnival and we love cruising with Royal C.